Jump to content

UBC BSN September 2019 Applicants

School Programs   (38,539 Views 625 Comments)
by mb96 mb96 (Member)

590 Profile Views; 146 Posts

advertisement

You are reading page 6 of UBC BSN September 2019 Applicants. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

146 Posts; 590 Profile Views

Checked the SSC today and my application status changed to tell me my file is ready for an evaluation. *crosses fingers* After I take my CASPer test on Feb 24, hoping for the best! Good luck to everyone else!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

93 Posts; 416 Profile Views

21 hours ago, mb96 said:

Checked the SSC today and my application status changed to tell me my file is ready for an evaluation. *crosses fingers* After I take my CASPer test on Feb 24, hoping for the best! Good luck to everyone else!!!

Mine says this too! Good luck!!!!!!!!

I have my CASPer test in 4 hoursĀ šŸ˜«

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

146 Posts; 590 Profile Views

On 2/12/2019 at 10:01 AM, sumad said:

Mine says this too! Good luck!!!!!!!!

I have my CASPer test in 4 hoursĀ šŸ˜«

Sorry for the late reply! How did it go?! I hope it went well?Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

93 Posts; 416 Profile Views

16 hours ago, mb96 said:

Sorry for the late reply! How did it go?! I hope it went well?Ā 

Not well, my friends. I tried my best, but wow. I could not find the right words at all within the time span given :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

146 Posts; 590 Profile Views

2 hours ago, sumad said:

Not well, my friends. I tried my best, but wow. I could not find the right words at all within the time span given :(

Oh no!!Ā 

Aw, Iā€™m sure your answers, despite you thinking you didnā€™t writeĀ the right words, were concise and displayed that you haveĀ good moral/ethical judgement.Ā 

You tried your best and thatā€™s all that matters!!Ā 

(Personally, now Iā€™m nervous. I wish we still had MMIs because being interviewed in person lets the committee actually see who you are and itā€™s wayĀ better than typing thingsĀ out, but maybe thatā€™s just me.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

69 Posts; 856 Profile Views

15 hours ago, sumad said:

Not well, my friends. I tried my best, but wow. I could not find the right words at all within the time span given :(

Omg I just saw all these, never got an email saying this forum was updated! I had my CASPer test on the 12th too! And hey I hope you do better than you expect! What's done is done. The 5 minute count down was really stressful :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 Posts; 1,785 Profile Views

Hey everyone! As a current ubc nursing student, I would not worry about CASPER too too much.

Many of us got in including myself even when we left a couple CASPER questions empty due to lack of time. I did not do well on mine at all! I think CASPER is more to look for "redflags" than to use as a selection method.Ā 

Before CASPER was introduced, UBC nursing posted that it is 60% grades and 40% supplemental to get an interview. I would assume it is something similar to that now.Ā 

Good luck to everyone!Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 Posts; 266 Profile Views

Does anyone know when they start sending out acceptances/declines? The waiting is killing me! I took the CASPerĀ in November and my portal says its being reviewed by the faculty/school....Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

95 Posts; 538 Profile Views

38 minutes ago, balimacdonald said:

Does anyone know when they start sending out acceptances/declines? The waiting is killing me! I took the CASPerĀ in November and my portal says its being reviewed by the faculty/school....Ā 

The very end of April/early May unfortunately :(Ā Try not to think about it too much since we still have awhile to wait...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

93 Posts; 416 Profile Views

On 2/15/2019 at 3:54 PM, skihan said:

Hey everyone! As a current ubc nursing student, I would not worry about CASPER too too much.

Many of us got in including myself even when we left a couple CASPER questions empty due to lack of time. I ļ»ædid not do well on mine at all! I think CASPER is more to look for "redflags" than to use as a selection method.Ā ļ»æ

Before CASPER was introduced, UBC nursing posted that it is 60% grades and 40% supplemental to get an interview. Iļ»æ would assume it is something similar to that now.Ā 

Good luck to everyone!Ā 

Thank you everyone for being so uplifting and kind - I sure was feeling quite down about how it went.Ā 

Thank you so much skihan for taking the time to provide someĀ insider info!! This sure gives me hope!Ā 

I really felt like I wasn't able to fully demonstrate how I operate in the workplace, and really don't feel like my performanceĀ represents how prepared I am to take on the challenge of becomingĀ a nurse.

Good luck to everyone else who still has to do the CASPer!

Edited by sumad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

93 Posts; 416 Profile Views

17 hours ago, sss29 said:

The very end of April/early May unfortunately :(Ā Try not to think about it too much since we still have awhile to wait...

It sure is going to be a long few months before we get to find out the results! At least we can keep each other company here while we wait, since we are all going through this together.

I agree with sss29, try not to think about it too much (although it's hard not to!). I think it's best to spend our time from now until the end of April/early May by continuing to grow through exposing ourselves to diverse experiences in preparation for our nursing careers šŸ™‚Ā šŸ™‚Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

146 Posts; 590 Profile Views

3 hours ago, sumad said:

Thank you everyone for being so uplifting and kind - I sure was feeling quite down about how it went.Ā 

Thank you so much skihan for taking the time to provide someĀ insider info!! This sure gives me hope!Ā 

I really felt like I wasn't able to fully demonstrate how I operate in the workplace, and really don't feel like my performanceĀ represents how prepared I am to take on the challenge of becomingĀ a nurse.

Good luck to everyone else who still has to do the CASPer!

Thank you everybody for the comments about CASPer!!

It really lifts a burden on our shoulders to hear that the CASPer is apparently barely weighted -- I have mine on the 24th and I'm dreading it...

It's alright, sumad! We're all in the waiting game together!! Again, inĀ the meantime I'll be taking Nursing prereq courses at Langara thisĀ summer as backup -- it would help to take my mind off the stressful admission decision process!

Edited by mb96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing 0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Ɨ