Jump to content

TWU Fall 2020 Applicants

Pre-Nursing   (8,905 Views | 203 Replies)
by kka081216 kka081216 (New) New

217 Profile Views; 8 Posts

You are reading page 17 of TWU Fall 2020 Applicants. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

2 Posts; 54 Profile Views

5 hours ago, HarleyB said:

I’m applying to Houston with ~49 admission points. Does anyone know if TWU will consider applicants who miss the NursingCAS transcript deadline? I’m worried my transcript won’t be received by them before Feb 1st. 

I was in the exact same position as you.  My school said transcript could take 3 weeks to arrive. What I would recommend is to see if there is an expedited option and send the transcript again. You will be spending some extra money but it would guarantee its arrival. Also, according to the advisor I spoke with, your application should be submitted and the transcript received (not verified) by the deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

116 Posts; 881 Profile Views

That's so weird, I was told the opposite. I was told that as long as the transcript was sent out before the deadline I could submit my application. This was from NursingCAS. But now that I think about it, I think I was also told the same thing from the nursing advisor I spoke to. I'm going to call monday to find out for sure because one of my transcripts had to be mailed and it might take a while for NursingCAS to receive it. 

Doesn't really make sense that they must have received it by the deadline. TWU already admitted us with our transcripts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Posts; 2 Profile Views

Does anyone know if the application closes at 11:59 on January 31st or at the end of the day February 1? I want to retake my TEAS the morning of Feb 1 but am unsure if i’ll still be able to apply. 

Edited by purpleraccoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Puspa specializes in Nursing.

5 Posts; 33 Profile Views

Guys, I gave my TEAS today and I got 88% which makes my admission score of 51.7. I want to apply for Dallas, but I'm not sure whether this will be the competitive score or not. I have 4 GPA in all nursing core classes but no TWU preference or first bachelor degree.

Can I apply for both Houston and Dallas? What was the lowest accepted in Dallas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 Posts; 79 Profile Views

7 minutes ago, Puspa said:

Guys, I gave my TEAS today and I got 88% which makes my admission score of 51.7. I want to apply for Dallas, but I'm not sure whether this will be the competitive score or not. I have 4 GPA in all nursing core classes but no TWU preference or first bachelor degree.

Can I apply for both Houston and Dallas? What was the lowest accepted in Dallas?

You can only apply to 1 campus! The lowest accepted for Dallas this past fall was 53.4 & for Houston 44.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 Posts; 653 Profile Views

4 hours ago, purpleraccoon said:

Does anyone know if the application closes at 11:59 on January 31st or at the end of the day February 1? I want to retake my TEAS the morning of Feb 1 but am unsure if i’ll still be able to apply. 

We have by Feb 1 at 10 pm to submit the application. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Posts; 2 Profile Views

2 minutes ago, futurenurselisaaa said:

We have by Feb 1 at 10 pm to submit the application. 

Thank you so much for letting me know! if you don't mind me asking, where can I find that info? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 Posts; 33 Profile Views

3 minutes ago, futurenurselisaaa said:

We have by Feb 1 at 10 pm to submit the application. 

When I called some guy told me 5 pm. They're always giving out different info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 Posts; 653 Profile Views

2 hours ago, purpleraccoon said:

Thank you so much for letting me know! if you don't mind me asking, where can I find that info? 

I emailed one of the advisors ****** ******* this past Tuesday and she told me that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Puspa specializes in Nursing.

5 Posts; 33 Profile Views

Does Nursing CAS need to verify our application before deadline? I have sent my transcript on Jan 16 but my application shows it has not been received yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Post; 3 Profile Views

On 12/25/2019 at 8:45 PM, BreeFutureBSNRN said:

That’s a good score you should be fine. Make sure the score you got is the same as what the advisors have!

Do you know the stats for those who got into the Weekend and Night program ? Is it less competitive than the Dallas traditional? Your help is greatly appreciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Posts; 54 Profile Views

1 hour ago, Puspa said:

Does Nursing CAS need to verify our application before deadline? I have sent my transcript on Jan 16 but my application shows it has not been received yet. 

Your application does not need to be confirmed by the deadline, however the transcript must arrive by the deadline. You can do one of two things, talk to an advisor and see if they can do anything from their part or see if your school offers an expedited option to send the transcript and send it again (should arrive within 2 days).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.