Jump to content

TWU Fall 2020 Applicants

Pre-Nursing   (8,906 Views | 203 Replies)
by kka081216 kka081216 (New) New

217 Profile Views; 8 Posts

Hey there. I plan on applying to TWUs N&W program in February for the Fall 2020 start. I just took my TEAS test today, my score was:

Overall: 85.3%

Reading: 87.2%

Math: 96.9%

Science: 74.5%

English: 83.3%

I'm not happy with my science score, but I also haven't taken A&P II or Chemistry yet, just A&P I. I plan on retaking the TEAS in December. 

I have a 3.85 science core GPA (one B in A&P I) and 3.81 prereq GPA. that gives me a 45.56 admission score, which probably won't cut it. I can't retake A&P I in time, so my only hope is a higher TEAS score. 

Who else is applying for Fall 2020? Are you applying to Houston, Dallas Traditional, or Dallas N&W?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Posts; 46 Profile Views

Hello

I'm planning to apply Fall 2020 as well. I would love to get into the Dallas campus traditional, but wouldn't mind the Houston campus either. Do you know if we can apply to both campuses or if we have to pick one? As of right now my pre-req GPA is 3.77 and I've hardly done any nursing core classes besides chemistry (A) and I finished A&P I and Life-Span this summer. My A&P I grade should be an A, but I definitely made a B in Life-Span. I'm debating if I should retake it this fall to try and bring it up. I haven't taken my TEAS yet. How many attempts do we get to take it? I'm also applying to Texas A&M Commerce as well since it's actually closer to my house. Are you applying to any other schools? Also, is there anywhere I can find information on the acceptance rates to the nursing programs? Sorry for so many questions, I'm a bit nervous about it all in case you can't tell!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 532 Posts; 2,758 Profile Views

Hey y'all! I've just been accepted for spring 2020, if you need any TEAS study books and are in the Houston area let me know and I can meet up! I bought two books that helped me get an 85 on the exam and I definitely would have scored higher if I hadn't second guesses on a few science questions! They were each $25 but I'm willing to sell both for $30!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 Posts; 64 Profile Views

I'm applying for Fall 2020 in Houston! Taking the TEAS in 2 days and getting nervous! 😬

My nursing pre reqs are sitting at 4.0 but my Texas Core GPA is closer to 3.76. I'll have the bachelor's bump so I'm hoping that paired with a good TEAS score will get me in!

Good luck, y'all! Hope to hear from you guys as we approach the application deadline 🙂

On 8/19/2019 at 6:46 PM, julia said:

Hello

I'm planning to apply Fall 2020 as well. I would love to get into the Dallas campus traditional, but wouldn't mind the Houston campus either. Do you know if we can apply to both campuses or if we have to pick one? As of right now my pre-req GPA is 3.77 and I've hardly done any nursing core classes besides chemistry (A) and I finished A&P I and Life-Span this summer. My A&P I grade should be an A, but I definitely made a B in Life-Span. I'm debating if I should retake it this fall to try and bring it up. I haven't taken my TEAS yet. How many attempts do we get to take it? I'm also applying to Texas A&M Commerce as well since it's actually closer to my house. Are you applying to any other schools? Also, is there anywhere I can find information on the acceptance rates to the nursing programs? Sorry for so many questions, I'm a bit nervous about it all in case you can't tell!!

I believe on their website they say that you get 2 attempts between each application cycle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 Posts; 116 Profile Views

18 hours ago, adhanna said:

I believe on their website they say that you get 2 attempts between each application cycle. 

they said that as well at the information session

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 532 Posts; 2,758 Profile Views

2 minutes ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

they said that as well at the information session

Yes you can take it two times between August 16-Feb 2 and another two times between Feb 3-August 15. Good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Puspa specializes in Nursing.

5 Posts; 33 Profile Views

I am going to apply to TWU Dallas. I have a teas test on Nov 19. lets c how it goes!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 Posts; 147 Profile Views

Can anyone confirm if this program only accepts TEAS scores that are within a year old? I think I saw this somewhere on the site but I can't find it again so I'm wondering whether that was true or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 532 Posts; 2,758 Profile Views

34 minutes ago, Amy_l said:

Can anyone confirm if this program only accepts TEAS scores that are within a year old? I think I saw this somewhere on the site but I can't find it again so I'm wondering whether that was true or not.

Correct, they must have been taken between February 1st 2019 and February 1, 2020 for the fall application. Scroll down to How To Apply and select the Guide to Teas for prospective students. https://twu.edu/nursing/apply-now/

10 hours ago, BlondeBSNHopeful said:

Yes you can take it two times between August 16-Feb 2 and another two times between Feb 3-August 15. Good luck!!

**This should be August 16-Feb 1 and Feb 2-Aug 15**

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 Posts; 64 Profile Views

When we're applying at ApplyTexas.org do we pick Denton even if we're applying for Houston? It doesn't give the option to select Houston so I'm assuming that's the case... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 532 Posts; 2,758 Profile Views

43 minutes ago, adhanna said:

When we're applying at ApplyTexas.org do we pick Denton even if we're applying for Houston? It doesn't give the option to select Houston so I'm assuming that's the case... 

Yes you apply to TWU Denton through ApplyTexas and then once TWU advises you that you've been accepted into the school then you will apply for the nursing school and location of your choice through NursingCAS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 Posts; 64 Profile Views

22 minutes ago, BlondeBSNHopeful said:

Yes you apply to TWU Denton through ApplyTexas and then once TWU advises you that you've been accepted into the school then you will apply for the nursing school and location of your choice through NursingCAS.

Thanks so much!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.