No one to talk to about nursing... Am I crazy?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Guys.. I'm 9 months in my nursing career and I get very nostalgic about talking about nursing. Am I just a big nerd? There's not a lot of pod casts out there about nursing, and haven't tried any of the books out there.

Did anyone find themselves just missing the talks about different nursing skills and science stuff we use to talk about in school?

I *sort of* understand where you're coming from, because in my current job I am usually the nurse around. I come here to this forum, to nurse.com and I go to CE classes to get my fill of nurse-y stuff. But I am also so happy to be able to "turn it off" when I'm not on work.

I suggest going back to school to get your BSN and/or MSN! It can be so interesting to meet RNs from other types of clinical areas.

Specializes in CPN.

I'm a school nurse now and get my fix on by nerding out to random middle schoolers. I am ALWAYS trying to talk to them about this biolgoy/patho stuff they could probably care less about.:roflmao:

You just LOVE nursing and science! We always need nurses like that. Keep it up!

Specializes in Ortho, CMSRN.

You might ask your supervisor/boss if there are any committees that you can get involved with. There are lots of committee's within my hospitals system and I learn so much by working with them! One of my favorite is our EBP committee, we are informed here of any studies that are going on within the hospital and their progress.

I think it's great that you have such a passion for nursing. I love to chat about it. There is much to be fascinated by!

I enjoy talking about nursing stuff and interesting conversations overall, but in the big medical center I work at, people mostly want to talk about their kids or TV programs. It was the same at my old non-healthcare office job.

+ Add a Comment