5 minute clinical consult

Specialties NP

Published

Looking to add this book and program to my list. I'm buying the book because I like having them and buying one gives you a free year with their online givings. I've noticed in recent years (2016 to present), the books have had fewer and fewer pages (down by somewhere around 150-200 pages). A likely development as they push more to a subscription service and reduce their paper expenses. Wondering anyone else's thoughts on buying an earlier copy with more information on the desk vs. buying the later editions that may have less to offer for the same price or even more pricey in some cases.

I personally would buy the most recent copy albeit it's less information and fewer pages but at least you can be rest assured you have the most up-to-date information.

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.

I'm a super fan of mobile apps - they can be updated periodically usually for free or a nominal fee. And...no books to carry - its all right there in my phone.

their computer website and app are great. gives you what you need to know on algorithms and a disease without being too wordy like most textbooks

Specializes in MS, Emergency.

I'm not an NP yet but I use them extensively for quick reference during clinical. I do use the online version rather than textbook.

Looking to add this book and program to my list. I'm buying the book because I like having them and buying one gives you a free year with their online givings. I've noticed in recent years (2016 to present), the books have had fewer and fewer pages (down by somewhere around 150-200 pages). A likely development as they push more to a subscription service and reduce their paper expenses. Wondering anyone else's thoughts on buying an earlier copy with more information on the desk vs. buying the later editions that may have less to offer for the same price or even more pricey in some cases.

Try 2014 5-Minute Clinical Consult. It's cheap, has the same info, has more algorithms, and I've found 2015 is when they started pushing online content. Have you tried Ferri's Clinical Advisor? I think you will find that you won't have the online issue and in many ways, I have found it to be superior to 5MCC in content and you can stay up to date with the 2019 ed. 2020 ed is coming out soon.

+ Add a Comment