Call a waaaaambulance!

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Some time ago on this forum, a nurse posted a thread about her insensitive husband who said he didn't feel appreciated. I don't recall the particulars, but basically remember the nurse was fulfilling family and work responsibilities adequately and to the best of her ability.

Farawyn suggested the nurse call a "waaaaambulance" for her husband, hence the above cartoon was born.

Some of us just don't know how good we've got it. This morning after reading an initial post on a thread, I wanted to call a waaaaambulance on a new nurse complaining about their primo job situation.

I've called a waaaaambulance for others. Others have called a waaaaambulance for me.

How about you? When have you had to call a waaaaambulance? Has anyone ever had to call a waaaaambulance for you?

Specializes in Clinical Research, Outpt Women's Health.

Too funny. I have to call it on myself for whining about the cold weather. It's Texas. I really shouldn't complain.

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).
whining about the cold weather. It's Texas.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27836[/ATTACH]

I want to on my husband all the time. He drives on his truck all day and measures up job sites. He then goes to his office and gets his guys scheduled for jobs the next day. He does take a lot of phone calls and I get that can be annoying.

But my day usually consists of being elbow deep in poop, comforting the families of the dying, and through a code in here and there with blood and bodily fluids everywhere.

I always want to say to him, your job is not life and death while mine literally is. But I've learned not to say that. It causes arguments. I've also learned that his job is stressful, just in a different way.

But I still totally think it in my mind!!

:happy: I never heard of the waaaaambulance but I love it! Here's the sound it makes...

my husband ...does take a lot of phone calls and I get that can be annoying.

But my day usually consists of being elbow deep in poop,...with blood and bodily fluids everywhere.

LovingLife, why not try and decrease your husband's stress by helping him out in some way?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27841[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27843[/ATTACH]

I wanted to call one on every new nurse who complained when she had to work holidays. It wasn't fair because she had kids, and those of us who had missed several holidays with our families should be happy to work for her.

Don't forget weekends.

Don't forget weekends.

No, Crispy, I don't forget weekends.

And Robin will remember next time, that Batman also works weekends!

attachment.php?attachmentid=27856&stc=1

I want to on my husband all the time. He drives on his truck all day and measures up job sites. He then goes to his office and gets his guys scheduled for jobs the next day. He does take a lot of phone calls and I get that can be annoying.

But my day usually consists of being elbow deep in poop... with blood and bodily fluids everywhere.

LovingLife, why not try and decrease your husband's stress by helping him out in some way?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27869[/ATTACH]

Specializes in CCU, SICU, CVSICU, Precepting & Teaching.
My husband came home form his cushy self-employed job the other day whining that he didn't get a nap that day. Are you kidding me, what! no nap today?!

I definitely called him a waaaambulance that day!

My husband worked critical care transport, and he'd complain to me every shift that he didn't get a nap. (There weren't very many of those.) Working in a busy surgical ICU, I had very little sympathy for his lack of a nap!

My husband worked critical care transport, and he'd complain to me every shift that he didn't get a nap. (There weren't very many of those.) Working in a busy surgical ICU, I had very little sympathy for his lack of a nap!

Last weekend on the geriatric psych unit, we had only six patients...

It was a relatively uneventful weekend.

On slow nights, I prefer to work the floor. At the very least, I do rounds every 15 minutes and chart them. Most of the time, there's something else going on and I do like to keep moderately busy.

However, on this relatively uneventful weekend, we had a patient who was on 1:1 observation who slept nearly all night. Staff are required to change every two hours, so I had to spell the staff member sitting on the 1:1.

As this sketch I drew while sitting on the 1:1 shows, I needed to have a Waaaaambulance called for me. I felt sleepy and kept singing a version of the Bee Gees disco tune:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27942[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27957[/ATTACH]

+ Add a Comment