Maricopa CEP application 2019

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP) | Maricopa Community Colleges

the new point system is under the bullet that says review the CEP information session.

I'm sitting on the traditional waitlist now and applying for the CEP this Dec/Jan as soon as my current grades post. I can't calculate my GPA until that happens either. The points are definitely different but I'm in the 80s now.. going to retake the Hesi to try for higher than 92%!

What University are you applying to?... My situation is similar to yours

I'm going for Ottawa, they are less per credit hour and have less extra classes added on. :)

I am considering between AS/UIU.....However, ASU is expensive and may be very competitive

The reason I didn't go with ASU was the price and the extra classes would've taken me another semester to be able to apply and an additional semester after clinicals as well. They do have a higher GPA requirement than Ottawa and UIU. UIU has no extra classes I believe but are more per credit hour.

Ottawa has a class (Human Pathophysiology) more than ASU....I dont get you when you meant ASU has extra classes.

Wow you are right, last semester you needed developmental psychology, nutrition, and statistics. It looks like they dropped those from their requirements!

ASU does have an extra semester or two including summers.. so I am still going with Ottawa, that would graduate me Spring 2021 if accepted instead of Fall 2021 and save me quite a bit of money :) I know there's so much info and it changes every semester!

I'm interested to see how this new rubric plays out. I'm in the middle of finishing my last few pre-reqs and hope to be able to apply in the Spring. Hopefully more feedback with be added as people apply.

That's a good idea. What schools are you looking at

Specializes in Neuro.

BeccaLove0, I'm finishing up Block 3 now and also went with Ottawa. I will graduate from my CC this May and will also graduate with Ottawa at the same time. The beauty of Ottawa is their classes are only 8 weeks, so you get through 2 classes in a semester. Exception is over the summers, you can take as many as 3 over the summer and in block 1 they gave us the first 8 weeks off to acclimate to nursing school--which I was grateful for. They have a e-text deal program and all class textbooks are a flat $50, included in your tuition and are loaded directly into blackboard, there was only one class where I had to rent an outside book, a couple didn't even have a book requirement. Also, they register you for everything, so no need to have to enroll in classes yourself each semester, they do it for you automatically. Basically, all I had to do to was login to blackboard, they handled everything else.

I think you'll be happy with them. Saved a good deal of money & graduate the same time, whoo-hoo!

NAU peeps will have a slight advantage in Block 1 because they take a nursing assessment class prior to the start of block 1, so they go into block 1 knowing how to do a head to toe assessment already. But, come skills check off time, we were all still just as nervous & we all (NAU or other) managed to pass. By the way, I'm a former ASU alum, so having nothing bad to say about their program. NAU was one of my top choices, but they had more pre/co-reqs than Ottawa, which isn't necessarily bad, cuts down the cost of NAU tuition. I just wanted to get into school ASAP. Finances were an issue with me & Ottawa had less courses I had to take & at the time, was the least expensive school as well. So that was the reason for my choice & I've been happy with my decision.

Half my classmates in my cohort are NAU, about 8 are ASU and only 4-5 of us are something else Ottawa, UIU and two did the GCU MSN direct entry.

BeccaLove0, I'm finishing up Block 3 now and also went with Ottawa. I will graduate from my CC this May and will also graduate with Ottawa at the same time. The beauty of Ottawa is their classes are only 8 weeks, so you get through 2 classes in a semester. Exception is over the summers, you can take as many as 3 over the summer and in block 1 they gave us the first 8 weeks off to acclimate to nursing school--which I was grateful for. They have a e-text deal program and all class textbooks are a flat $50, included in your tuition and are loaded directly into blackboard, there was only one class where I had to rent an outside book, a couple didn't even have a book requirement. Also, they register you for everything, so no need to have to enroll in classes yourself each semester, they do it for you automatically. Basically, all I had to do to was login to blackboard, they handled everything else.

I think you'll be happy with them. Saved a good deal of money & graduate the same time, whoo-hoo!

NAU peeps will have a slight advantage in Block 1 because they take a nursing assessment class prior to the start of block 1, so they go into block 1 knowing how to do a head to toe assessment already. But, come skills check off time, we were all still just as nervous & we all (NAU or other) managed to pass. By the way, I'm a former ASU alum, so having nothing bad to say about their program. NAU was one of my top choices, but they had more pre/co-reqs than Ottawa, which isn't necessarily bad, cuts down the cost of NAU tuition. I just wanted to get into school ASAP. Finances were an issue with me & Ottawa had less courses I had to take & at the time, was the least expensive school as well. So that was the reason for my choice & I've been happy with my decision.

Half my classmates in my cohort are NAU, about 8 are ASU and only 4-5 of us are something else Ottawa, UIU and two did the GCU MSN direct entry.

I was going back and forth between OU and FPU. Glad to hear feedback from someone in the program. Glad you are having such a positive experience.

+ Add a Comment