Signing hours for my volunteer

Nurses General Nursing

Published

One of my hospital's volunteers is applying to her college's BSN program and has requested that I sign and confirm volunteer hours. My nurse manager says any RN can do it independently and has no objections to the matter.

I really enjoy working with this volunteer and I am more than happy to support her goals to become an RN.

Have any of you signed forms for aspiring pre-nursing students? How was the process like?

What is considered "proof of employment"? Is it only a paystub?

That probably depends on who's requesting the proof. They get to set their own criteria.

Specializes in Pedi.

Child Life was in charge of volunteers when I worked in the hospital, not nurses.

When I volunteered at a hospital when I was in high school, the hospital had an employed "Director of Volunteer Services" and she signed all the forms I needed for National Honor Society and whatever else I needed forms for.

One of my hospital's volunteers is applying to her college's BSN program and has requested that I sign and confirm volunteer hours. My nurse manager says any RN can do it independently and has no objections to the matter.

I really enjoy working with this volunteer and I am more than happy to support her goals to become an RN.

Have any of you signed forms for aspiring pre-nursing students? How was the process like?

It's simple. He or she gives you a document- assuming it is accurate, sign it.

Not sure why you are asking in this context. But sure, a pay stub proves you are employed.

Unless the volunteers organization or your employer has any unusual stipulations, I wouldn't over think this.

Specializes in Emergency, Telemetry, Transplant.

If she was there X hours and her form says she was there X hours, then sign it. All that you are doing is confirming the number of hours she was there, not the quality of her work.

I volunteer in my spare time and have signed pre-nursing and pre-med student volunteer time cards. The students really are a lot of fun to work with.

Because volunteers don't receive compensation, they don't receive a pay stub.

Instead, you'll probably be signing a form that looks similar to an old-fashioned time card. The volunteer will document the number of hours that she worked that day, and you'll sign your name next to her documentation. That card will be her proof of hours worked.

Recommend that she make a copy of it in case her school or a future employer requests proof of her volunteer hours.

+ Add a Comment