MISSED Y'ALL - Pre-K-7

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

Missed you all so much over the summer!

At the end of the year when my old district's head nurse let us know....THE LAST DAY OF THE YEAR....that we'd be losing clinic aides, and my body count would have topped 2500 (and as it turns out, the clinic lost a full-time aide)...I jumped ship.

Currently in a neighboring district - PreK through 7, will be through 8 next year. Sweet neighborhood school. 500+ kids. Highly intricate pre-K with two functional classrooms, lots of medical needs.

My only real complaint - I can't print, I can't fax, and I can't download an Excel sheet from Skyward.

Turns out... I actually love the littles. We sing Disney. One told me that "you don't have that much gray in your hair, Ms. Nurse." She got a pencil for that one.

But y'all elementary nurses weren't kidding!! Kids say the darndest things and teachers send kids for the darndest reasons!

Happy school year, everyone!

Good for you for getting out of a potentially overwhelming and stressful situation! I love my K-3 kiddos, super cute. Already stressing about next year when I move up to K-8 and have to deal with Middle Schoolers! Have a great year!

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

Kids say the darnest things for sure...

Cute!

I worked camp this summer, grades 2-8. Loved having littles. I'm thinking of moving to an elementary school in my district.

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

You made it! Welcome home:yes:

I've got the whole range of ages, but I always think the little-littles are easier. They're easy to impress (I keep myself up-to-date with the new Disney movies and Star Wars), they're terrible at lying, their emotional problems tend to be easier to deal with, and a bag of ice tends to cure everything. Middle school is another story!

Specializes in School Nursing.

"one of us!" "one of us!"

+ Add a Comment