Dallas Nurse Residencies

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Hello everyone! I am a student at TTUHSC and will be graduating in December. Most of the residencies look like they open up late August-early September. If anyone has any insight, resume information, or tips for any specific hospitals I would appreciate it! I plan to move back home to Dallas and live at home so anywhere in the DFW area would be awesome.

I would love to hear how you all listed your clinical experiences and if there's anything that I should be aware of so that I can work on some of those things now.

Anyways, I would love to hear from anyone and everyone!

Specializes in Vents, Telemetry, Home Care, Home infusion.

Hi...hiope a member can assist you.

Specializes in Critical Care; Cardiac; Professional Development.

Hi law154.

Most of the major hospital systems in the DFW metroplex hire new grads through residencies only. It is good you are already planning to get your finger on the pulse of that. You will see openings posted between September and November depending on the hospital system, with hiring taking place prior to you finishing school for start dates that happen after you pass NCLEX. Any position you get will be contingent on that. Almost all of them come with a two year contract that involves some kind of repayment if you bail prior to the 2 year mark. You will want to watch THR, Baylor, HCA (the "medical city" hospitals), Parkland, Methodist, UTSW and others.

On your resume, your clinical rotations aren't going to mean anything. They don't count as experience and won't be any more valuable than any other grad. You will want to highlight what jobs you have held to date, where you went to school, any volunteer activities you work on, any school leadership positions you have held. Include any certifications you have, such as BLS, ACLS and/or PALS. Use a local address on your resume. Googling new grad nurse resumes will find you some examples. A good cover letter will go further than trying to eek anything meaningful out of your clinical rotations.

Good luck with your application process and congratulations on heading for the finish line!

+ Add a Comment