StaRN Residency Program

U.S.A. Colorado

Published

Specializes in Med Surg/Ortho.

I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience with the HealthOne StaRN residency program for new graduate RNs. I recently applied for the August start date. I've already interviewed over the phone and am just waiting to hear back.

Is anyone doing it now? Or already secured a place for August? I'm curious what the training and experience has been like. A 2 year commitment is a long time, and the drive would be about an hour from me. Is it worth it?

Specializes in Emergency/Cath Lab.

Its worth it if it is to you. Thats hard to determine. While Im not in the program I do help precept EDGE nurses, think StaRN for the ED. They have all said it is really nice just because it helps bridge that gap from school to actual world, but they of course do not like the classroom time ha.

Search HealthOne in the search bar here and see if it's somewhere that sounds like it's worth spending 2 years?

I did do a search. But the posts I found are years old and none for the program specifically in Denver. I found posts for HealthONE in other states. I'm not sure if it would be worth it to me because I don't know much about the program. That's why I was hoping to talk to people who have done it at one of the hospitals in Denver to get a better idea about it, if people thought it helped them, and if they learned a lot.

Are there specific cohort start dates or do you apply once you have passed your NCLEX and are then added when you are hired on?

Did you end up going into the StaRN Residency? I got offered to do Oncology at Presbyterian/St Lukes. I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience working at PSL. I've heard a lot of bad things about HCA but my two neighbors work there and they love it.

Sorry, I have not been on this site for almost a year. And I decided not to do the residency program because it would have been over an hour drive for me. So I don't know more about it.

+ Add a Comment