Chattahoochee Tech LPN Spring 2019

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

Specializes in LTC, Rehab, Vascular Telemetry, Med Surg.

I wanted to start a new post for LPN hopefuls for Spring 2019 at Chattahoochee Tech. I was wondering if anyone has already attended and applied at the application session.

I am nervous about getting in. My grades are good, but I scored a 63 on the TEAs test. I am retaking it again for a better score. I hope I have a chance to get in the program.

Wow, nobody else is applying? Is anyone applying for the ADN program?

I guess I will keep posting until someone responds...

Well I retook the TEAs test and I got a 65....its quite disappointing.I know you only need a 60 to get into the LPN program, but I wanted to be more competitive. I wonder if I stand a chance to get into this program. Summer semester is basically over and now the waiting game begins. I wonder when we will get acceptance letters?

During the application session, they were saying that the Diet and Nutrition class will probably be removed from the program. I hope so because I got a B in that class. I guess we are waiting to see what the Georgia Board of Nursing decides to do. I will keep you guys updated on what happens next.

Hi, I applied. We were told to expect letters the beginning of October. They aren't removing the Diet/Nutrition class until next cohort.

Thanks for posting! I'm glad someone else is applying as well. The wait is so nerve-wrecking.

If you don't mind me asking... How are your grades? What did you score on the TEAs test?

I'm annoyed that I wasted money on that Diet/Nutrition class. Maybe they will give extra points to the people who already took the class, like they did with the medical terminology class....at least I hope.

I have 1 C in A&P 1 and the rest are a mixture of As and Bs. My TEAS score was 82. So hopefully that's enough for me to get in. I don't think they offering anymore bonus points after this quarter.

I'm sure you will get in because you got a high score on the TEAs test. I can only dream of scoring a 82 on the TEAs test. Any pointers on how I can get a higher score?

I have a B in both A&P and Diet and Nutrition. Everything else I got A's in. I took the Medical Terminology for extra points. I'm considering taking Pharmacology. I'm afraid that I won't get in because of my TEAs test score.

I took Pharmacology also. It goes by total points so since you made good grades you should have enough points to get in.

To be honest, I didn't study. I am a really good test taker. So just don't be nervous, take your time and take breaks. All of the questions weren't very difficult but if your nervous and overthinking then it will make it much more difficult. Know what your good at and what you aren't and just brush up on those subjects. I don't mean an all out cram fest just some light reading over certain concepts. What part of the TEAS was difficult for you?

My worst subject was the English language and grammar section followed by Science. But I have to wait a year to re-take the test since I took it twice already. My advisor said that I could stand a chance just by getting a 65 on the TEAs test. But of course, anything higher than that will definitely increase your chances.

I also applied for the Spring LPN cohort. I scored 77 on ATI TEAS and have completed all of the prereqs, except Pharmacology. I scored A's in English, A&P I & II, but B's in Microbiology, Math and most of my other courses. Has anyone heard from nursing admissions yet? I know they said it would be early October before we get notifications, but I was just wondering if they had reached out to anyone with new information?

Hi! I have also applied for the Spring 2019 PN program. I received my acceptance letter today in the mail! I hope everyone receives theirs as well!!

CONGRATULATIONS! I applied as well, but I am nervous because of I have B's in both API and APII lecture, and my TEAS was only 78. I originally and plied for the fall ADN l, and did not get in. :(

Did you get an email as well or just a letter? I can't wait to get home to check!

Anyone else hear back today?

+ Add a Comment