What is considered a positive TB test, 10mm or 15mm?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

In school I was taught 15mm but on CDC its giving two different answers which can i go by for standard?

In school I was taught 15mm but on CDC its giving two different answers which can i go by for standard?

I remember this from a long time ago. If you're in school, the book or instructor is always right and never combine books with clinicals. Once you graduate, your employer is always right, not the books.

I think I read in my patho book that people with sickle cell disease are immune from getting malaria which is the only benefit for being sickle cell disease.

I think you missed the joke there haha

Asians have a high prevalence of TB. My ex is filipino and she wanted to be a CNA so she had to get tested for TB. She tested positive via the shot, then had X-ray done and was tested positive for that to see how big it was in her lungs, but that didn't mean she couldn't be a CNA. She had no S&S. I can't remember the size, but she said she knew she had it because asians get it all the time, butI can't remember the size, but she was waived I think because it was too small.

If someone has an abnormal chest x-ray, they are most likely symptomatic or soon will be. I can't imagine letting someone with an abnormal chest x-ray work with patients.

+ Add a Comment