Not sure how it went

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

I just went for an interview for a rn position at a hospital and im not sure how it went. I had it with 3 nurse managers and they basically just asked me why I want to come to their facility and then explained what the unit was, orientation details, and about my experience as rn. The interview was about 25 minutes. Not sure how long they typically are in order to judge whether it went well or not. I was expecting to get grilled with scenario type questions but it was more of them telling me about the job and what it entails. Im not sure how the vibe was. In the beginning it was good but I felt as they were feeding me information I might have been blank even though I was nodding my head and asking questions as they mentioned things. They showed me around unit and that id hear something next week. I will be sending a thank you card tomorrow since its the weekend and they wont get anything til monday anyway. She also asked if id be interested in shadowing a nurse for a few hours to get a feel for the unit.. not sure if I am obligated to do so. I am interested in shadowing but my schedule is packed with school and work that it might be difficult to do that. So not sure if I should and if it would impact me getting the job or not. Any ideas? Thanks.

I just went for an interview for a rn position at a hospital and im not sure how it went. I had it with 3 nurse managers and they basically just asked me why I want to come to their facility and then explained what the unit was, orientation details, and about my experience as rn. The interview was about 25 minutes. Not sure how long they typically are in order to judge whether it went well or not. I was expecting to get grilled with scenario type questions but it was more of them telling me about the job and what it entails. Im not sure how the vibe was. In the beginning it was good but I felt as they were feeding me information I might have been blank even though I was nodding my head and asking questions as they mentioned things. They showed me around unit and that id hear something next week. I will be sending a thank you card tomorrow since its the weekend and they wont get anything til monday anyway. Any ideas? Thanks.

I've always gotten offers on the spot, but I've only had three Nursing Jobs. If you were there and you're not sure how it went, someone who wasn't there probably won't know either. You're going to have to wait this one out.

Good luck!

Well they said they have to interview another person next week and they need to fill two spots so not sure if they are waiting to see other candidates

I actually got it! They called me a few hours later saying they wanted to offer the position to me!

I actually got it! They called me a few hours later saying they wanted to offer the position to me!

Congratulations! :nurse:

+ Add a Comment