Passed NCLEX in 75!!

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

Specializes in Critical Care.

I told myself I'd make a post if I passed the NCLEX along with the study strategy I took, so here I am! I'll also be posting all the stuff that I wish I had known prior to walking into the NCLEX!

I graduated on the 13th, got my ATT from the state 10 days later, and scheduled my NCLEX for the 29th.

So, I only used ATI to prepare for the NCLEX. Part of my fees for my college were used to purchase the Live and Virtual ATI NCLEX Review and I didn't feel like spending anymore money getting ready for this test than I already have :cheeky: I attended the live review for three days and started the VATI Review the day after graduation. I am not joking when I say I lived, breathed, and slept ATI for two weeks straight leading up to my test! I powered through the VATI Review and got the green light from my coach on the morning of the 28th.

I honestly did not feel any nervousness for the test until the morning of. The night before, I prayed for clarity and that anxiety would not cloud my judgment. Then I got a good night's sleep and got up early to eat breakfast and get to the test center on time.

I left my phone, bag, watch, EVERYTHING in the car - the only things I brought into the center was my ID, earrings, and a hair tie. I was told I had to take my earrings off and the hair tie had to go off my wrist and into my hair... it was wild. I had this completely surreal feeling as I sat there waiting for the test to start.

The test itself went very quickly. I was in the testing room for 35 minutes and got 75 questions as well as the special research section. I went home and did the PVT about 8 hours after I finished. At first I got the neutral pop-up (this candidate has results on hold), and then an hour or so later I tried again and got the good pop-up.

I finished the test at 8:30 AM on the 29th and got my Quick Results at 9:05 AM today, the 31st, so almost exactly 48 hours later. I was hoping that they would post sooner and spent two days refreshing the page, but it was almost 48 hours on the dot that they posted so to anyone else reading this.... don't waste your time trying to find out sooner! They will post when they post.

I hope this is helpful! Thank you to this forum for giving me a place to share this experience!

Specializes in Emergency.

CONGRATS!!!! Enjoy your success, you worked hard and you earned it all!!

I graduated May 15th and still don't have my ATT yet :-( As soon as I get it I hope to join your party!

CONGRATS!!!! Enjoy your success, you worked hard and you earned it all!!

I graduated May 15th and still don't have my ATT yet :-( As soon as I get it I hope to join your party!

Good luck! I hope you get your ATT soon so this anxiety can be behind you!

Congrats Emmjayy. I am happy that you passed. Your stats are pretty impressive so you must have studied really hard. I graduate one year from now and am convince I will use Uworld for review but will add your strategy as well. Keep us updated on job search and actually working.

Congrats Emmjayy. I am happy that you passed. Your stats are pretty impressive so you must have studied really hard. I graduate one year from now and am convince I will use Uworld for review but will add your strategy as well. Keep us updated on job search and actually working.

Thank you! I will be starting in an ICU a little later this month :) I am very excited because I did my final preceptorship in this ICU and had an amazing experience. It's a lot to learn but I feel up to the challenge!

Thank you! I will be starting in an ICU a little later this month :) I am very excited because I did my final preceptorship in this ICU and had an amazing experience. It's a lot to learn but I feel up to the challenge!

Awesome. Congrats on that as well, I know you will do great.

+ Add a Comment