Another Installment in Decisions of a Pre-Nursing Student or Now WTH Do I Do?

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

After being told twice that chances were good that I would be in the Nursing program starting this fall, alas I will not be starting until spring '19.

This means that I will enjoy the summer with no homework, WHEE! I am not as excited to sit out the entire fall semester though, so I have developed a plan.

I emailed the MA Pharmacology instructor to inquire about taking her class "a la carte" to better prepare me for Nursing Pharmacology. She replied affirmatively! I trust that the foundation that I receive in this class will help me immensely in the spring.

Specializes in Rehab, Ortho-Spine, Med-Surg, & Psych.

Hello!

Good idea, but you will still need to pass Fundamentals of Nursing to get to Pharmacology... so I suggest you to buy an old version of FON textbook to get yourself prepared for that class too.

:)

Specializes in Mental Health.

Can you take a pathophysiology course or something? Did you talk about what the MA class would cover vs nursing pharm? At my school, people who fail pharm are required to take pathophysiology to review A&P. I feel like that would be a bigger help than a pharm class that wouldn't really cover what you need to know. Just a thought.

Thanks! I know I can find student ahead of me that will let me borrow their book for a semester.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will be checking out what our college offers. My adviser didn't suggest much of anything, so I came up with MA pharm - a more basic class than Nursing pharm. This forum is definitely a help!

+ Add a Comment