Summer Before Nursing School

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

I am taking 3 classes this summer and a dance class twice a week. I will also be volunteering every week at the children's hospital here and working full time. I know it seems that I will be busy but I was wondering what I should do to prepare for nursing school that starts this fall. I just want to know what to expect and what I can do to prepare.

Specializes in ED.

Wow, it sounds like you have a very full plate.

My recommendation is to not worry about "preparing" for school the summer before. When you get into your classes you will have exactly the amount of knowledge that they expect. Even if you spent the entire summer trying to read ahead and learn it would only help you for the first part of the first term.

The best way I can see to prepare for nursing school is to have your organization and time management skills dialed in, from the sounds of your schedule I bet you are already very familiar with your personal time management process so you probably dont have much to worry about.

I suppose I just don't like going into things not knowing what to expect. I have been working on time-management and organization. I like to keep busy. Thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

+ Add a Comment