CNI College - ADN Application Process

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Well, I recently went through the application process and figured I'd share w/you all!

Here's what to expect, not necessarily in this order except the interview which is the last step.

Pass TEAS exam

Meet w/admissions rep & receive application packet

Submit HS & college transcripts

Background check (online) $40

Physical & drug test $90

Submit application packet + app fee $100

Complete FAFSA

Meet w/Financial Aid

Interview with Dean/DON

You'll be notified 1-2 weeks before start of program whether or not you've been accepted - yes, short notice.

Orientation the following week.

Program starts a week later.

If you want to transfer classes they'll have you filll out a paper w/the college name, course name and number, and grade you received (cannot submit if C+ or lower). They'll review and will accept if it's comparable to the class that's part of the ADN program curriculum. Yes, they accepted my transfers.

Simple & painless. Don't worry about the interview; they just want to meet you, talk about the program and they'll want to know why you want to be an RN. :)

Best of luck!!

1 Votes
Specializes in acute care, case management.

Did you start in April?

I have a question, what website did you use to submit your background check with the school? Did you do it yourself? Also, are you starting in MAY 2019?? Do they still have space available for May?? Is it hard or competitive to get into & is there a waiting list??

1 Votes

I started last year. There is no waitlist. It is competitive. But if you don't get in the first try, try again. You'll eventually get in.

Hi. Just wanted to know, what are the schedule of classes are like for aDn program in CNI college? Is the class 2 or 3 days a week?

Specializes in Psych/Behavioral, Home Health, SNF, Drug detox.
On 3/22/2018 at 8:41 PM, sun.shine said:

Well, I recently went through the application process and figured I'd share w/you all!

Here's what to expect, not necessarily in this order except the interview which is the last step.

Pass TEAS exam

Meet w/admissions rep & receive application packet

Submit HS & college transcripts

Background check (online) $40

Physical & drug test $90

Submit application packet + app fee $100

Complete FAFSA

Meet w/Financial Aid

Interview with Dean/DON

You'll be notified 1-2 weeks before start of program whether or not you've been accepted - yes, short notice.

Orientation the following week.

Program starts a week later.

If you want to transfer classes they'll have you filll out a paper w/the college name, course name and number, and grade you received (cannot submit if C+ or lower). They'll review and will accept if it's comparable to the class that's part of the ADN program curriculum. Yes, they accepted my transfers.

Simple & painless. Don't worry about the interview; they just want to meet you, talk about the program and they'll want to know why you want to be an RN. ?

Best of luck!!

Hi just wondering does it matter how many years old my science can be ? Do I have to redo it after 7 years?

On 5/20/2019 at 3:21 PM, cori_ said:

I started last year. There is no waitlist. It is competitive. But if you don't get in the first try, try again. You'll eventually get in.

Hiiii just wondering , does my sciences

have to be within 7years to transfer it ?

Only accept pre-reqs within 1 year. I know, it sucks!

Hiiii just wondering , does my sciences

have to be within 7years to transfer it ?

OMG that’s the worse ! Within 1 year ?! That’s worse than the 7yr mark itself!!! How’s the teachers ? And the schedule ? I’ll be relocating from Santa Barbara if I decide to try to get in this school. Just want to make sure the teachers are great also and helpful

Hi, I plan on looking into this school in the next few months, how are the teachers in this program so far? helpful at teaching?

+ Add a Comment