Any Successful New Grad Stories

Nurses New Nurse

Published

Specializes in Telemetry, Med-Surg, Peds.

Hello everyone! I am a new grad RN and about to start my first job as such in about 1 week. I am going to be working on a PCU floor.

I am wondering, I see a ton of sad and depressing stories about new grad experiences, are there any positive, encouraging experiences anyone would like to share? I'm sure there has to be some successful stories.

I am nervous, but excited. I have always loved cardiac and feel like I will gain a strong foundation starting out on PCU. I want to move on to CVICU in a year or two.

Specializes in CCU, SICU, CVSICU, Precepting & Teaching.
Hello everyone! I am a new grad RN and about to start my first job as such in about 1 week. I am going to be working on a PCU floor.

I am wondering, I see a ton of sad and depressing stories about new grad experiences, are there any positive, encouraging experiences anyone would like to share? I'm sure there has to be some successful stories.

I am nervous, but excited. I have always loved cardiac and feel like I will gain a strong foundation starting out on PCU. I want to move on to CVICU in a year or two.

I'm sure you realize that such is the nature of the internet that people are quick to post their sad or angry stories, not so quick to post happy stories.

The child graduated with a BSN last may and has been working in step-down for eight months now. She has many positive, encouraging things to say about her job, her colleagues, her manager and her preceptors. She loves it.

If you go looking for the positives, you'll find them.

Specializes in Hospice.

I'm beyond happy. I am ecstatic to be working the job I have. I pinch myself in the mornings because it is everything I had dared hope for and more. It didn't come easy. I had a 4 month experience on my first job after graduating that wasn't a good fit. It made me question everything. All I can advise is that nursing is a huge and broad field and pretty sure there is something for everyone.

Specializes in Telemetry, Med-Surg, Peds.

@Kaisu, thank you for there response! I am excited to get started at the facility and unit I am hired for. Not looking forward to night shift but I wanted to get my foot in the door. Anything will do for me. As a new grad, I am happy they hired me and are willing to help me get my career started.

+ Add a Comment