Ok I am FREAKING OUT

Nurses Recovery

Published

Ok.. So I have done a total of 5 drug tests... everything has been grand, all negative. Until this one. I don't know why. I did have to take an antibiotic for a UTI. I mean.. I think I tested about a week after I was done. I wouldn't think I would test positive for anything.. I didn't even think to fax them the prescription. Which If I can remember correctly it was Keflex. I was googling it and it said possibly cocaine. Idk. I am freaking out. The other thing, I tested after I left the gym, but only made had 1 water bottle. Maybe not even that. How much trouble am I in?!?!?!?!

- I also emailed the leader of the CANDO program as I have emailed her in the past and asked how I need to correct this. I also just started a new job. I don't want to mess anything up. I am so scared.

Totally. So, with all this said and done, with that said. I was selected to test again today. that's the 3rd time this month. I know each state is different, but my understanding was 2 times a month. Do some people go more? or is this because of my "excused positive"?

Totally. So, with all this said and done, with that said. I was selected to test again today. that's the 3rd time this month. I know each state is different, but my understanding was 2 times a month. Do some people go more? or is this because of my "excused positive"?

I average 4 a month with a history of all negatives. My program did tell me that a history of positives, false or otherwise, and/or dilutes would automatically up your testing frequency.

Impossible to say for you. Could be your number was increased. Can't really say.

For sure. I was just wondering. This is the first time testing more than twice. I emailed the person at Cando, but it takes her forever to respond, if she does....

My first 7 months, I was only once a month except for one month during that period I was selected twice. For the two years after that I have been fairly even between two times a month and three times a month.

I get 2-3X a month I think. I really don't keep track

Specializes in Psych, Addictions, SOL (Student of Life).

In California they used to step up testing in the weeks following a positive. Especially if they took you off work. Since you had to have two negatives before you could return to work. It served to get you back to work sooner.

Hppy

Stay off their radar, don't message them with questions like why more drug tests, why this option. They will look it as you being worried about something. Just do what you have to do.

Totally Stay Off The Radar!!!! These case managers are lazy paper-pushers, If you make their life miserable there will be payback and they hold all the cards

Exactly. They have multiple participants. You don't want to be the one who's name and case particulars they remember off the top of their head. You are subject to drug testing in any amount in any time frame. Yes it is random but they do have their finger poised over the computer key that can lessen or increase it or add an extra random. Asking questions about frequency or why back to back or whatever is just going to annoy them. It is what it is, they they can do as they please. Grin and bear it. I had seven tests one month after a dilute. Two of those were p e t h. Yes because of financial reasons I wanted to call my caseworker but I didn't, there was a rhyme and reason to what they did. You don't get to ask what that rhyme and reason is in these programs. I kept my mouth shut and I'm back to a normal pattern. And I told myself during that time it doesn't matter, I am on the up and up and honest and not touching anything they can test me everyday if that's what it takes.

I gotta agree with the others here. I would absolutely never contact my case manager about something like this. Bottom line is that asking won't change anything, but it could instill a seed of doubt in your CM's head, perhaps make her wonder if you are trying to figure out the frequency to play the system. In light of a very resent positive, albeit excused, my goal would be to operate in stealth mode ...make no contact that isn't mandated or absolutely essential, and get and stay off their radar.

I know you are curious, perhaps wanting to budget and plan, but the point of the screens is that you can't plan, you can't prepare, and to keep you clean and dry through the mystery of the thing.

The squeaky wheel does not get the oil in monitoring...they get placed under more scrutiny.

+ Add a Comment