Oh, yeah....

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in School.

This and this is happening, too.

Don't you just love it when Little Darling just keeps adding symptoms after you say, "go back to class?"

LD with migraines comes in and tells me she has been sick to her stomach all day. I tell her well, if you don't have a fever you are going back to class since we only have an hour and 45 min left. It went from being nauseated to cramping, and then to oh, I got a bad headache. Well, guess what? No fever, go back to class. (She did not have her migraine look she has when she is experiencing a migraine.)

LD as she walks out of my office makes this statement, "Well, if I hit someone it's not my fault."

Just cause it that time of the month, doesn't mean you get to go home early and you still have to have self control.

Hit someone?

How old is this kid? I wold have pulled her back into my office with an EXCUSE ME??! Shall I alert the Principal now that you may be on the rampage?

Specializes in School.

She was joking. She and I have a good relationship. If she wasn't grinning from ear to ear, I would have been worried and took her to the office. She was not up set with anyone. For whatever reason she was trying to go home. She was in PE and going to AG shop next.

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.
LD as she walks out of my office makes this statement, "Well, if I hit someone it's not my fault."

This is why I do yoga...so I don't bite people.....

Specializes in School Nursing.

I have a few of those. :bag: Their visit note gets longer and longer as I try to encourage them to return to class!

My littles try this! It's hilarious because they don't understand which symptoms actually go together so they says thing like "My throat hurts and my left pinky toe is sore and yesterday I sneezed once" lol

Specializes in School Nurse.
My littles try this! It's hilarious because they don't understand which symptoms actually go together so they says thing like "My throat hurts and my left pinky toe is sore and yesterday I sneezed once" lol

Every.Single.Day

Specializes in Telemetry, Gastroenterology, School Nrs.

I love it when my unimpressed expression makes them continue to drum up new symptoms! They crack me up. I'm always like, "Man, that is a wide variety of stuff going on!"

+ Add a Comment