University of South Alabama dual FNP/ACNP Fall 2018

Nursing Students NP Students

Published

Specializes in Hospitalist Medicine.

Anyone out there apply for the dual FNP/ACNP Fall 2018 semester?

After the recent changes made at my current school, I have decided to transfer. I don't like the direction my school is headed and they've made some changes that have drastically changed the program.

Even though I can only transfer 9 credits and it's going to set me back on graduation time, I have decided to transfer to USA. I really wanted dual certification so I can work in the ER when I'm done with school. This program will give me over 1,000 clinical hours and I feel comfortable that I'll be properly educated/trained by the time I graduate.

I'm applying for the MSN program, but is anyone doing either the MSN or DNP dual program? We're all on the same trajectory for our courses, except the DNPs go on to finish the extra courses after we're done with the MSN portion.

I would love to connect with some fellow future students. :) We had a great FB group for my former school, so I'd love to start a FB group for those of us beginning in the Fall once we know we're in.

Anyone apply for Fall yet? The deadline is March 1st.

Hey SopranoKris, BSN, RN,

I too have applied for the dual role FNP/AGACNP track for fall 2018. I completed my application today. I am so anxious to know whether I'll get in or not. I think the essay was the most unnerving part for me. I also applied to the University of Alabama at Birmingham and the University of Cincinnati. I think that starting a facebook page for this cohort would be great.

Good luck to you!

Specializes in Emergency Dept, ICU.

I as well have a pending application to USA for their dual program. I am just waiting to be verified on the NursingCAS. I feel like I'm cutting it short with less than a month till deadline. I also applied to the University of Alabama at Birmingham and Northern Kentucky, much easier applications there.

Yeah, my transcripts were confirmed mailed over a week ago, but NursingCAS has not processed 2 of them. I have receipts from both schools confirming they were sent. It's making me nervous because I want them processed so I can finish the second part of the application.

I searched for FB groups for Fall 2018 dual FNP/ACNP but only found BSN-to-DNP groups that started 2016 and 2017. Nothing for Fall 2018 so far. We'll definitely have to create a group on FB soon.

I went ahead and registered for an account on USA's website for the 2nd part of the application. I just haven't hit "submit" yet, since it states the NursingCAS application has to be in "verified" status. The waiting is the hardest part :D

I just submitted my application today. I don't know if I will get it in for the Fall 2018 deadline but here's hoping. NursingCAS has received two of my six transcripts, but three of them had to be mailed. How long does it usually take Nursing CAS to verify an application?

I just submitted my application today. I don't know if I will get it in for the Fall 2018 deadline but here's hoping. NursingCAS has received two of my six transcripts, but three of them had to be mailed. How long does it usually take Nursing CAS to verify an application?

It says in their FAQ that it can take up to 2 weeks once your application is in Completed status to finish the verification process. Here's hoping you get yours in on time :D

It says in their FAQ that it can take up to 2 weeks once your application is in Completed status to finish the verification process. Here's hoping you get yours in on time :D

Thanks! I saw that on their website and didn't know if their 2 weeks were more like 3 normally or if it was taking less than that. It doesn't stop me from checking regularly lol.

Thanks! I saw that on their website and didn't know if their 2 weeks were more like 3 normally or if it was taking less than that. It doesn't stop me from checking regularly lol.

I'm hoping that "up to 2 weeks" actually means "less than 2 weeks" :D

I keep checking NursingCAS to see if there's been any change. I just want to move forward!

OK, NursingCAS finally moved my status to VERIFIED today. YAY! It took them 8 days from the day my application status changed to "complete". Hope this helps alleviate some anxiety. I was getting worried it was cutting it very close to the March 1st deadline. I started this process the last week of January!

Wishing everyone good luck as we wait to find out if we're in :D

Is it competitive to get into the dual program?

Is it competitive to get into the dual program?

They look at your years of experience in ICU/ER, certifications (ACLS, CCRN, etc.), and GPA. They require verified critical care experience to enter the dual track or the straight ACNP track. I like the dual program because it's over 1,000 clinical hours. I believe their acceptance rate from last year for the dual track was 69% of applicants (not sure how many applicants?).

+ Add a Comment