Howard COMMUNITY COLLEGE ACCELERATED 2018

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Maryland and Ive recently applied to HCC accelerated nursing program and traditional. All my paperwork is in except for my HESI A2; I have to wait till 2/8 to take it due to no spots available. Anyone with any reviews, experiences, or in the same boat as me? I'm super nervous about this whole process.

bumped

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Maryland and Ive recently applied to HCC accelerated nursing program and traditional. All my paperwork is in except for my HESI A2; I have to wait till 2/8 to take it due to no spots available. Anyone with any reviews, experiences, or in the same boat as me? I'm super nervous about this whole process.

Hello I have also applied to the accelerated and traditional program. I am a D.C. resident so I am nervous as well. I believe for your application to be considered for the accelerated program, you have to take the HESI by February 1st but you are fine for the traditional program.

Hi there, my name is Kiya btw lol. I emailed them, they extended a courtesy until the 9th because of the high volume of test takers. I mean good for me but now we probably have to wait longer to hear back from them....which sucks! There is another post on here regarding hcc accelerated with an accepted early admission student. Although, I'm not a student at hcc I really enjoy how organized and professional they are. I'm really praying on this one, the cost is amazing.

Wishing the best for both of us...I noticed its really quiet on all nurses for this program.

Yesss! I hope we both get in! And that's awesome, they extended the date for you to take the HESI!

I am not sure why no one really responds. I have noticed in the past, many people were giving feedback in the threads for this program. I am also member on their Facebook group but most of the time when I ask a question no one answers; I have to re-post my question twice for someone to answer.

Are you a Howard County resident?

No, I live in Montgomery. When I went to the information session, I believe they said for the accelerated program residence was not a determination. I hope this is true...there point semester is so broad. I feel like in leaves many in the same category. I just really hope to get in, originally I was at Howard University but I just can't afford to go there or deal with the administration.

1 Votes

I have been in contact with one of the advisors and she said that for rolling admissions, residency is not a factor but for regular admissions, they seat Howard county students first, then outside counties in Maryland and then out of state. You still have a good chance of getting in. She said some years, they do not have many applicants for the accelerated program and everyone that applies get in and some years, they have a surplus of applicants and students may get waitlisted. And you are so right! There is a broad point system that makes it is easier for many people to have the same amount of points. I am so surprised that the score for the HESI is not considered when ranking individuals; she told me you just have to have over a 70 to be considered passing but they do not use the score. I did reallly good on the HESI and thought it would help my chances of getting in...She also told me that out of Howard county students will receive notification of acceptance after February 8th. I wonder if there was a reason they extended the date for individuals; hopefully it is a good thing.

They extended the date because the seats filled up really fast, around early November. I too, thought it was weird that hesi scores was not a determining factor in getting in. I can't wait to take this exam and get a response. Hopefully we get our answers in the next couple of weeks. Curious, would you happen to know how many students they accept in the accelerated program?

I honestly forgot what amount she said. I remember the advisor saying 75 seats but I can't remember if that was in the past or if that's how many seats they offer now. She did tell me that they accept more students now than they did in the past. Let's just claim we will get in. Kiya and Kiyah will be RNs in July 2019 after finishing this accelerated program!!! Amen! Good luck on HESI! Keep me updated! You shall do fine on the HESI! I got an 88.67 and I finished in 3 hours.

+ Add a Comment