Mandatory flu shots????

Nurses COVID

Published

It didn't dawn on me until just right now, don't ask me why, that my choice of NOT getting a flu shot will NOT get me into a nursing program. The director at my school of choice basically stated "it is a requirement that you receive one, however you can sign a declaration that you do not wish to receive one." Then I asked, "would that inhibit my chances of getting into the program?" She replied, "well, the facilities in which we work with it is required due to you working with elderly clients; If you do not wish to get the flu shot perhaps you should look into another career."

*****?? (excuse the language) I have worked in nursing homes, health centers, private duty, home health agencies, visiting nurses association, hospice AND THEY NEVER REQUIRED me to ever receive or even ASKED if I have obtained a flu shot!!! (mid 90's)

So, anyone please tell me my dream of becoming a nurse is already dead because I REFUSE to get a flu shot???!!! seriously??? I am so upset right now!!!

Tooth care products contain flouride which is a poison. Do you not brush your teeth?

Specializes in Neonatal Nurse Practitioner.
Good day:

How long was Aprotinin on the market approved by doctors and scientists before the death toll started both groups to question (i.e. change their mind) the FDA?

Thank you.

Why do you feel that others should do your research for you? If you feel you have a point, state it and then provide references.

We have close family friends whose son has autism due to Thimerosal being in an immunization shot.

So just because current studies do not show direct ties to Thimerosal and autism, adhd, along with Alzheimer's doesn't mean it is not the case.

And just because he got a flu shot doesn't mean it caused his autism.

and that comparison, if not apples to oranges, is at least apples to applesauce...lol. The vehicle you can replace as soon as you are fiscally able. the vaccine is still no good (in a bad year) there is no "instant replay".

When you have a vehicle that works 9% of the time you upgrade just as they do with the annual flu vaccine.
Specializes in Pediatrics, Emergency, Trauma.
Tooth care products contain flouride which is a poison. Do you not brush your teeth?

^ This!!!

I wonder if people will think of this as a rhetorical question, lol...:)

In all seriousness, most metals that are required in the body, AT EXCESSIVE levels are detrimental, no one is disputing that. Heck, vitamins at excessive levels can be detrimental. One shot of non-mercury, thermoseal flu shot will not kill or harm anyone.

And not everyone who is getting a flu shot is following like sheep or whatever else ridiculousness people are banging about on here.

I am pro vaccine, and have been getting a glues shot for over 10 years, no side effects, no getting sick, no GBS, NOTHING. I take good care of myself, and the patients I take care of benefit me from having a flu shot, and the rest of my vaccines.

Specializes in Pediatrics, Emergency, Trauma.

And just because he got a flu shot doesn't mean it caused his autism.

^This!!!

We all have genetic mutations that come about, and it is certainly not caused by the flu. The Human Genome Project has mapped out the why of many disorders and diseases, and it's NOT because of vaccinations; you can't pin enigmatic body processes on the work of one small amount of substance.

Specializes in Hospice, Palliative Care.

Good day:

"Why do you feel that others should do your research for you? "

I've done my homework on Aprotinin; it seems many lifting up the FDA have not done their homework on Aprotinin.

"When you have a vehicle that works 9% of the time you upgrade just as they do with the annual flu vaccine."

So it might be 0% next year; 5%... gee, would you just keep spending money on a new car you knew in advance would never work 100% of the time?

"Tooth care products contain fluoride which is a poison. Do you not brush your teeth?"

My wife makes the toothpaste we use. You do know, you can make your own, don't you?

Thank you.

Good day:

I've done my homework on Aprotinin; it seems many lifting up the FDA have not done their homework on Aprotinin.

"When you have a vehicle that works 9% of the time you upgrade just as they do with the annual flu vaccine."

So it might be 0% next year; 5%... gee, would you just keep spending money on a new car you knew in advance would never work 100% of the time?

"Tooth care products contain fluoride which is a poison. Do you not brush your teeth?"

My wife makes the toothpaste we use. You do know, you can make your own, don't you?

Thank you.

Ok what I was saying is that asking a continual string of questions is not an effective technique of argument.

Specializes in Hospice, Palliative Care.

Good day:

"Ok what I was saying is that asking a continual string of questions is not an effective technique of argument"

If one's hope is that one will do their own homework, then telling them the answers may not be effective either ;-)

Thank you.

oh contraire....long recognized method of instruction.

Ok what I was saying is that asking a continual string of questions is not an effective technique of argument.
Good day:

Thank you.

Yes you can make your own with baking soda hydrogen peroxide water and lemon juice which can be fatal if you swallow.

I took all the pre-nursing classes, quit my job, bought all my books, started nursing school, signed a declination form for the flu shot months before classes started and THEN they changed the rules on me and forced the flu shot.

Short version: I quit school and filed for tuition reimbursement and got it.

It has been very emotionally devastating and exhausting to go through this. I could have sued. They admitted that they changed the rules mid-stream. I decided I want this part of my life to be over instead.

I also have to put up with the stigma with some that I "quit over a stupid flu shot" making them wonder my REAL reason for quitting or somesuch because all people do not believe my reasons.

This whole thing has been hard. Hope you can make your decision before you invested everything I did. They hurt me. And they don't care.

+ Add a Comment