New thread that will lead us to New job and trainings

World Philippines

Published

I hope this thread will help Nurses that is seeking for information regarding different trainings in hospital....

so what are you waiting for

Start blogging now my fellow nurses....

any Info will do

Specializes in O.B and Pedia.

Keep the hopes up nurses! Even I passer of the June boards last 2009 still don't have a job. I already became a contractual but still not yet hired. Anyways, God has a plan for each and everyone of us.

:twocents: Thanks for starting this thread Nurse_Ian. :) Please allow me to add more info here. I hope I could be of help to other fellow nurses, who are experiencing the same sad situation as I do.

1. Fe Del Mundo Medical Center

Passed my resume last Wednesday to the security guard. Turns out he gave it to the HR or Fe Del Mundo Nursing Service Office - Professional Nursing Training Program. I received a message Sunday morning about the sked of my exam the followng day at 7-9AM. No fees to be paid. Wear clinical uniform. However, I missed it. Why? Check entry #2 (I tried to wriggle my way to get a reschedule but my "textmate" from their office said I only have til 1PM today for the exam.:crying2:)

2. Philippine Heart Center

Had my exam today. Same day as that of FDMC. For me, the exam was really difficult. In the afternoon, there was an interview. Php100 for the exam, Php6000 for the 65th Critical Care Course, the last of its kind. (Not sure if that's for this year only) Out of 100+ RNs, they will only get 40 RNs. I hope I had impressed my interviewer but let me tell you, she's one of those "traditional" nurses who are grumpy and grouchy (do these 2 words mean the same thing?:lol2:)

3. Dr. Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital

I got called on a Tuesday morning informing me that I will have a qualifying exam on Sept. 14, tomorrow/today, whenever this post gets reviewed and "posted":lol2: Payment of Php100 for the exam.:cool:

That's all I know so far. Like Nurse_Ian, I will try to keep everyone updated. God bless! :yeah:

hi.. thanks for the post.. please can you give some points to review for the exam in Philippine Heart Center critical care course. i'll be having my exam on June 1 and i don't know where to start my review since i've been out in the nursing profession for more than a year. thanks a lot sugarplum18RN :)

I have trained in Dr. Jose Fabella for a year. The qualifying exam is for their Basic Clinical Training because Fabella doesn't accept nurses who have not been trained there. Good luck!

emotion's of guilt are overflowing!!!!! so many of us!

Specializes in Ophthalmology.

Hi! For those who are planning to take the training program in USTH, there's a very good chance for you to be hired after. You just need to have a good evaluation from your preceptor. Employment however, is only on a contractual basis. 5 months for the initial contract, and if you're going to renew, the next contract would be for 1 year. The waiting time to be employed is long though. From my experience, I had to wait for 5 months before I was hired. The interviews and exams are spread out during my 5 months of waiting so at least you know that your application is having progress. After finishing the 5 month contract, I waited for a month before I was rehired for the 1 year contract. You won't have to take any exam for the 1 year contract, you just need to pass your credentials again but it's a must that you have a good evaluation from your area supervisor. I hope this helps! If any of you want to ask about the training / employment in USTH, feel free to message me. Good Luck! :D

hows the nursing employment back there? is it getting better? im planning to go back in the PI

Specializes in OB and pedia.

first time!!!! :D

this thread is very helpful. :)

you can also submit your credentials at nephrology center of manila or caloocan. just leave it to the guard on duty and they will instruct you:

3K for 3 mos. of training.

first time!!!! :D

this thread is very helpful. :)

you can also submit your credentials at nephrology center of manila or caloocan. just leave it to the guard on duty and they will instruct you:

3K for 3 mos. of training.

Hi key_lock! what hospital are you referring to? May I know the requirements? Thank you!

Hi! For those who are planning to take the training program in USTH, there's a very good chance for you to be hired after. You just need to have a good evaluation from your preceptor. Employment however, is only on a contractual basis. 5 months for the initial contract, and if you're going to renew, the next contract would be for 1 year. The waiting time to be employed is long though. From my experience, I had to wait for 5 months before I was hired. The interviews and exams are spread out during my 5 months of waiting so at least you know that your application is having progress. After finishing the 5 month contract, I waited for a month before I was rehired for the 1 year contract. You won't have to take any exam for the 1 year contract, you just need to pass your credentials again but it's a must that you have a good evaluation from your area supervisor. I hope this helps! If any of you want to ask about the training / employment in USTH, feel free to message me. Good Luck! :D

Hi! Do they have a training fee? And by the way, I heard they are very particular when it comes to their trainees. They prefer their own graduates...I wonder if we, non-alumni, can be lucky enough to fit in the remaining slots. Thanks for the reply in advance! :)

Hi! Do they have a training fee? And by the way, I heard they are very particular when it comes to their trainees. They prefer their own graduates...I wonder if we, non-alumni, can be lucky enough to fit in the remaining slots. Thanks for the reply in advance! :)

Same question for this.... And what are the requiremtns for USTH

thanks in advance :D

Specializes in Ophthalmology.

I think non-UST graduate are also welcome to apply there. It's just that USTH prioritizes their graduates first. I actually know a few nurses there who are non-UST that are now working as staff nurses. It's very possible!

To enigmatic24

Sorry for this late reply. I'm not sure if you'll be having the same exam as the one I took last year, not to mention that it was SO LONG AGO. One thing I'm certain is that it was a multiple choice exam. I remember having acid-base balances, IV fluid computation, dopamine/dobutamine computation. That's all I can remember now. I suggest you also brush up on normal values. Hope this post may still help.

+ Add a Comment