1. Do you love, like or hate your job?
---I like my job
2. What field of nursing are you in?
3. Are you FT, PT, PD?
4. Do you look forward to going to work or dread it?
---Most days, I look forward to it. I found that if I dread it, start the day in a bad mood, thats how my whole day is going to go. So I try to have a positive attitude.
5. What gives you the most job satisfaction?
---At the end of the day, knowing that I did a good job to the best of my abilities... regardless if anyone else notices or not. I notice and thats what counts.
6. On a scale of 0-10 (0 being least stressful, 10 being most stressful) how stressed does your job make you?
---Most days, 3 or 4. But sometimes, its a 10... depending on the parent's mood. :)
7. What causes you the most job stress?
---Parents that nitpick and expect more services than what I am there to provide just because a previous nurse would bend the rules for them.
8. What do you think could make your job better, so you get the most joy and satisfaction out of your work day?
---Patient families that just allow me to do my job with their child without hovering every minute. I understand there are some untrustworthy home health nurses out there, but I am not one of them. Usually, it doesn't bother me but some days it does. I've done nothing for patient families to NOT trust me, but because of previous experience with other nurses, they have no respect or trust. Which is sad.