I guess I would just like a little validation or encouragement (for patience?). I need to make a choice this month.
I am down to 2 choices: Carrington College or University Nevada Reno. I really want to be a nurse asap. I have been going to school since 2004 & just now decided what I want to do for sure, 100%
*If I go for Carrington it will includes my pre-reqs & all costs (Even gives me my NCLEX fee back if I pass 1st try) I could start May 2011 & Graduate AAS April 2013. I have enough aid left to cover my 1st year. But Jan 2012 I would need to pay $26,000 extra. I feel determined enough to apply for several scholarships
to try to get the money. I could also make payments on the remainder, if need be. My sister could also get in with me (if we are both lucky).
*If I go to UNR, I would have many more pre-req courses to do, I would hopefully start Fall 2012 & graduate BSN Dec 2013. If I don't get in then, then I could try for Spring 2013-Spring 2014. I am confident I could get more aid at the school (possibly excess $ to me), as it is a state university w/ many financial aid options.
*I am also planning to complete a CNA course next semester, Spring 2011-Do you think this will "tie me over" until I start UNR???
*My heart says Carrington bc I will be in nursing stuff much faster than UNR & I could become a nurse 7 months sooner(ish or more)
*Any nursing program is competitive, so neither way or start date is even an guarantee?
*If I try for Carrington & don't get in, then I can just push UNR back a semester to a Spring 2013 start date...?? Should I leave my fate in my test scores hands/ universe??
*I feel like maybe it is worth trying to scrape up 26k bc it is worth it to get in sooner & be done sooner?
*I feel like if I go to CC, than I can still get my BSN later on, after experience & potentially with Employer tuition reimbursement?
*I LOVE the idea of both schools
*I want to be patient & just go for UNR, but what if I go all these semesters & my grades aren't high enough? (need at least a 3.8 for UNR-CC is Hesi & essay only) Then I will no longer have enough fin aid to go to CC...
*Mostly I just want to be a nurse asap & get into nursing school soon
**HELP** Which route should I go, because each way is a gamble?!