Parkland February 2021 Nurse Residency

Posted

Hello! thought I'd start a thread for those of us applying to Parkland 🙂 

Good luck to all of us!!

tinyhumannurse20

Specializes in Women's Health or Pediatrics.

Have the applications opened yet? I've been waiting for this one!

40 minutes ago, tinyhumannurse20 said:

Have the applications opened yet? I've been waiting for this one!

Yes they opened today!

Do you guys know of it is open to RNs changing specialty or if it is just for GNs?  I don't recall seeing info about that?

Eleven, ADN, CNA, RN

Has 4 years experience.

2 hours ago, TxBSN19 said:

Do you guys know of it is open to RNs changing specialty or if it is just for GNs?  I don't recall seeing info about that?

In reading the previous parkland threads it looks like the have nurse fellow positions for nurses with 1+ years of experience but I’m not sure when or if those will be the same for this year. You could reach out to the email on their website maybe?

Hey guys! I'm so glad someone finally started a thread for Parkland LOL. 

I applied to ALL of the ICU's and ED. Only one of my applications moved to the next stage which is NICU.. it says "we are currently reviewing all applications" . When I interviewed for a tech position earlier this year that's what it said and I got an interview.. My other applications still say "applied" I'm really hoping for ED or ICU... I'm not to sure about NICU.. but I figured it's still ICU so why not. Good luck to everyone!

tinyhumannurse20

Specializes in Women's Health or Pediatrics.

6 minutes ago, GhNurse2020 said:

Hey guys! I'm so glad someone finally started a thread for Parkland LOL. 

I applied to ALL of the ICU's and ED. Only one of my applications moved to the next stage which is NICU.. it says "we are currently reviewing all applications" . When I interviewed for a tech position earlier this year that's what it said and I got an interview.. My other applications still say "applied" I'm really hoping for ED or ICU... I'm not to sure about NICU.. but I figured it's still ICU so why not. Good luck to everyone!

Mine also says that on NICU and "Applied" on the others! Would love to interview for NICU that's my dream specialty! :)

@tinyhumannurse20

YAY! That's awesome!! I interviewed for their NICU unit tech position in April but they went on a hiring freeze due to COVID and closed the position. The manager was really nice! I really want ED or ICU though LOL 

Edited by GhNurse2020

Eleven, ADN, CNA, RN

Has 4 years experience.

1 hour ago, GhNurse2020 said:

Hey guys! I'm so glad someone finally started a thread for Parkland LOL. 

I applied to ALL of the ICU's and ED. Only one of my applications moved to the next stage which is NICU.. it says "we are currently reviewing all applications" . When I interviewed for a tech position earlier this year that's what it said and I got an interview.. My other applications still say "applied" I'm really hoping for ED or ICU... I'm not to sure about NICU.. but I figured it's still ICU so why not. Good luck to everyone!

Thank you for saying that! The position that has my full attention there moved to "currently reviewing all applications" and I was hoping it meant something positive. The others I did put in still say applied.

47 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Thank you for saying that! The position that has my full attention there moved to "currently reviewing all applications" and I was hoping it meant something positive. The others I did put in still say applied.

Awesome! do you mind saying what position you're eyeing?

Eleven, ADN, CNA, RN

Has 4 years experience.

1 minute ago, GhNurse2020 said:

Awesome! do you mind saying what position you're eyeing?

The gyn/onc is very near and dear to my heart and not a specialty I've seen anywhere else yet this round 😀