Parkland Dallas October 2022 Nurse Residency

Posted
by A980 A980 Member Student

Hi! I made this topic to see how everyone is doing. I applied for ICU and PCU at Parkland around 6/13 but haven't heard back anything. I did hear Parkland is a little slow in getting back to applicants but getting anxious LOL. 

Did anyone hear back anything?

Hello. I applied for the ER position on the 15th and haven't heard back either. I hope they reply soon. I'm scared to take other offers because parkland is my first choice. 

spikeylee

spikeylee

1 Post

The residency starts pretty late compared to other programs so I don't know how soon/late they'll start interviews

A980

A980

15 Posts

3 hours ago, spikeylee said:

The residency starts pretty late compared to other programs so I don't know how soon/late they'll start interviews

I know they do start later in October which is about 2~3 weeks later than other programs. I really hope they contact us soon because this is a smaller cohort!

5 hours ago, Vanessa Cortez said:

Hello. I applied for the ER position on the 15th and haven't heard back either. I hope they reply soon. I'm scared to take other offers because parkland is my first choice. 

Good luck!! I really hope we can hear back pretty soon. Just out of curiosity, what made you decide parkland as your first choice?

luna2017

luna2017

Has 1 years experience. 1 Post

I applied to the NICU residency on June 9th and haven't heard anything either. :(

On 6/18/2022 at 5:04 PM, A980 said:

I know they do start later in October which is about 2~3 weeks later than other programs. I really hope they contact us soon because this is a smaller cohort!

Good luck!! I really hope we can hear back pretty soon. Just out of curiosity, what made you decide parkland as your first choice?

Parkland is a level 1 trauma center and also a county hospital. Although I’ve heard it can get crazy most employees have great things to say about the work environment and benefits. I have an offer from Med City but want a non profit hospital. 

Update.  Got an email from the recruiter the Emergency Department will has decided not to have a October residency group. They advised me to reapply for the Winter Cohort which applications will open up in August/September. 😞 

A980

A980

15 Posts

WHAT I wish they let us know earlier. I declined offers from other hospitals 😞I doubt ICU will have spots when ED don't but I just really want to hear at least something back. What's your next plan?