OHSU ABSN 2022

Posted
by makkor makkor Member Student Pre-Student

TaylorL23

TaylorL23

53 Posts

Hi,

I applied to the ABSN-DNP program. I am still patiently waiting to hear back for an interview or anything LOL. Does anyone know when we should expect final admission decisions to come out? Trying to get a timeline

beanbug

beanbug

13 Posts

Hi! I applied to OHSU’s ABSN DNP-FNP program and haven’t heard back anything yet. Their first interviews start 2/3 so that makes me nervous ?

I applied to the ABSN program as well.

makkor

makkor

23 Posts

22 hours ago, TaylorL23 said:

Hi,

I applied to the ABSN-DNP program. I am still patiently waiting to hear back for an interview or anything LOL. Does anyone know when we should expect final admission decisions to come out? Trying to get a timeline

Last week they told me they don't have an exact date for when interview invitations will go out, but interviews will most likely happen mid-February. 

beanbug

beanbug

13 Posts

Which ABSN to DNP program did you apply to? And I’m curious to know what kind of healthcare experience you have, if any.

I don’t have any clinical experience, but I have been working in the front office of an OB-GYN clinic for the last year. 

makkor

makkor

23 Posts

2 hours ago, beanbug said:

Which ABSN to DNP program did you apply to? And I’m curious to know what kind of healthcare experience you have, if any.

I don’t have any clinical experience, but I have been working in the front office of an OB-GYN clinic for the last year. 

I applied to the ABSN only in Ashland! As for clinical experience I’m a medical assistant so I’ve had a few years experience working as an MA in an urgent care, as an assistant research coordinator, and now in a psychiatric office. 

beanbug

beanbug

13 Posts

Awesome. You have lots of great experience, I’m sure you’re a competitive candidate. Just a waiting game now! 

haleyb12

haleyb12

18 Posts

Hi everyone! I also applied to the ABSN-FNP program and emailed one of the admissions counselors and she said she believes interview requests may be sent out this week because interviews start feb 3! Fingers crossed?☺️

Jflower4

Jflower4

32 Posts

Hi!! SO excited to connect with you all. I applied to the normal ABSN program, I believe we should hear back mid feburary for interviews. I also applied for OHSU ABSN  DNP-PNP program and got invited to a virtual interview early Feb. Not sure what the interview process is like for the DNP programs..  Please let me know if anyone has tips, this is my first year applying to any nursing schools!

haleyb12

haleyb12

18 Posts

11 minutes ago, Jflower4 said:

Hi!! SO excited to connect with you all. I applied to the normal ABSN program, I believe we should hear back mid feburary for interviews. I also applied for OHSU ABSN  DNP-PNP program and got invited to a virtual interview early Feb. Not sure what the interview process is like for the DNP programs..  Please let me know if anyone has tips, this is my first year applying to any nursing schools!

Oh wow that’s awesome congrats on your interview! When did you get the invite?

Jflower4

Jflower4

32 Posts

23 minutes ago, haleyb12 said:

Oh wow that’s awesome congrats on your interview! When did you get the invite?

Thank you!! I got an email on 1/20. I guess for the PNP program they interview as they review the application, whereas some of the other DNP programs have "interview dates."

haleyb12

haleyb12

18 Posts

28 minutes ago, Jflower4 said:

Thank you!! I got an email on 1/20. I guess for the PNP program they interview as they review the application, whereas some of the other DNP programs have "interview dates."

Got it thanks! Did they call or email you for the interview invite?