OCCC BADNAP - Spring 2020

Posted
by aredoubleyou aredoubleyou (New) New

You are reading page 2 of OCCC BADNAP - Spring 2020. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

ashee710

ashee710

3 Posts

Oh! I couldn't remember if it was a week before or week after. Hopefully soon then, yes! And congratulations on the traditional program! I'm sure you'll have no problems getting acceptance for BADNAP too ?

KellyFutureRN

KellyFutureRN

7 Posts

I have been waiting. I know 3 people who got accepted to their traditional pathway. Since their deadline was a week before the Badnap, I’m guessing they may send out emails next week or maybe earlier. I’m so nervous but expectant.

Vfletcher003

Vfletcher003

8 Posts

I went to an informational meeting tonight about all the programs. They said hopefully in the next week or two they’ll be able to send out the acceptance letters for BADNAP. Good luck y’all! I am nervous and anxious as well!

Vfletcher003

Vfletcher003

8 Posts

I am not sure what’s considered a good GPA for this. I already hAve my prerequisites done and have over a 3.0. But to me that isn’t the greatest. However I’d guess most people who have a bachelors degree don’t get one planning to go back to get an associates in nursing. I know I didn’t. So for my undergrad it didn’t focus on GPA all that much.

todd2020

todd2020

6 Posts

1 hour ago, Vfletcher003 said:

I went to an informational meeting tonight about all the programs. They said hopefully in the next week or two they’ll be able to send out the acceptance letters for BADNAP. Good luck y’all! I am nervous and anxious as well!

This is so helpful!! Thank you!

todd2020

todd2020

6 Posts

53 minutes ago, Vfletcher003 said:

I am not sure what’s considered a good GPA for this. I already hAve my prerequisites done and have over a 3.0. But to me that isn’t the greatest. However I’d guess most people who have a bachelors degree don’t get one planning to go back to get an associates in nursing. I know I didn’t. So for my undergrad it didn’t focus on GPA all that much.

I wish I knew what a competitive GPA was too. I also read some forums from the past years and there were just a few people who said they got an email saying their credits didn’t transfer and they were ineligible and now I’m so nervous! ? hahaha. Good luck!!

aredoubleyou

aredoubleyou

10 Posts

Emails were sent out this morning! Just got my acceptance! Now I’m just trying to decide between this program and traditional since I have 2 very young kids. Good luck to everyone!

Vfletcher003

Vfletcher003

8 Posts

Yay!! Congratulations ?? I got accepted too!
I also have two young kiddos. 3 years old and 10 month old. This was the only way I applied though so I’m going for it and have rallied my troops to help me through it. Hopefully ?? I feel like we won’t understand how hard it is until we’re fully immersed in it.

aredoubleyou

aredoubleyou

10 Posts

15 minutes ago, Vfletcher003 said:

Yay!! Congratulations ?? I got accepted too!
I also have two young kiddos. 3 years old and 10 month old. This was the only way I applied though so I’m going for it and have rallied my troops to help me through it. Hopefully ?? I feel like we won’t understand how hard it is until we’re fully immersed in it.

So great! Congrats!

At the informational meeting I went to this past summer, they did say that if you feel like it’s too intense after the first semester, you can petition the director to switch to the traditional program. But you have to get a very high B or an A in nursing processes I for them to even consider it. And you would be moved to the next traditional cohort, I believe (Fall 2020). So at least there’s somewhat of a backdoor.

Vfletcher003

Vfletcher003

8 Posts

That’s true. They said that at the meeting I went to as well. Hopefully that isn’t the case. I chose this route to have an intense 10 months instead of 2 years of school. Haha.

PGA

PGA

6 Posts

Does anyone know what is alternate 2.5? They said I am between 2 and 3. What are my chances of getting in BADNAP?

aredoubleyou

aredoubleyou

10 Posts

18 hours ago, PGA said:

Does anyone know what is alternate 2.5? They said I am between 2 and 3. What are my chances of getting in BADNAP?

Such a random alternate number to be give! Is there any different between your half number and a whole number? You might have a good shot of getting in. From what I’ve seen on other forums, the top few alternates usually get in.