Jump to content

NY license posting wait time

NCLEX   (1,033 Views | 30 Replies)

LNS95 is a BSN and specializes in L&D.

155 Profile Views; 15 Posts

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes for NY to post RN license #s (whether it's <48 hrs)? I took my exam a few hours ago and 48 hours seems like a lifetime right now.

 

PVT was good but I'm cautious to trust it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 Posts; 34 Profile Views

Hey! Did you ever end up figuring out the wait time for New York? Also where do you check to see if your license is posted? I take the NCLEX soon for NYS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LNS95 is a BSN and specializes in L&D.

15 Posts; 155 Profile Views

6 hours ago, Sydney Brownstein said:

Hey! Did you ever end up figuring out the wait time for New York? Also where do you check to see if your license is posted? I take the NCLEX soon for NYS.

Hi! I haven't yet figured this out. I found out I passed on 6/4 and I'm still waiting for my license to be posted. I've been checking this site: http://www.op.nysed.gov/opsearches.htm (select Nurse, RN then type in your name).

Some states release license numbers within a day I've heard but I think NY is on the slower side. I'll let you know when I get it though, good luck on your exam!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 Posts; 34 Profile Views

thank you! how were you able to find out that you passed ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LNS95 is a BSN and specializes in L&D.

15 Posts; 155 Profile Views

1 minute ago, Sydney Brownstein said:

thank you! how were you able to find out that you passed ? 

48 hours after you finish the test Pearsonvue posts whether you passed or failed but you do have to pay for it, about $8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LNS95 is a BSN and specializes in L&D.

15 Posts; 155 Profile Views

Update: license posted exactly 2 weeks after the exam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 Posts; 89 Profile Views

Took the NCLEX-PN on June 16th and passed. Tomorrow will be exactly 2 weeks since my test date. I'll check again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LNS95 is a BSN and specializes in L&D.

15 Posts; 155 Profile Views

1 hour ago, vixpichzza said:

Took the NCLEX-PN on June 16th and passed. Tomorrow will be exactly 2 weeks since my test date. I'll check again. 

I'm sure it'll show up soon! Also using my full first & last name for some reason doesn't bring it up, if I just type in my last name it comes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NurseSparkly has 1 years experience as a ADN, RN.

119 Posts; 573 Profile Views

7 hours ago, LNS95 said:

I'm sure it'll show up soon! Also using my full first & last name for some reason doesn't bring it up, if I just type in my last name it comes up.

I have to try it this way! It’s only been a week since I took my exam. So I won’t hold my breath. LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NurseSparkly has 1 years experience as a ADN, RN.

119 Posts; 573 Profile Views

On 6/29/2020 at 11:53 PM, LNS95 said:

I'm sure it'll show up soon! Also using my full first & last name for some reason doesn't bring it up, if I just type in my last name it comes up.

Hi LNS95, I was curious to know if the state is going by date the licensing application was submitted. Some people are getting their licenses posted in NY at about two days after passing etc.. Would you mind sharing the date that you applied for your license? I applied on May 24th and the website says they are reviewing applications received 5/12/2020. Thanks in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 Posts; 89 Profile Views

On 6/30/2020 at 7:16 AM, NurseSparkly said:

I have to try it this way! It’s only been a week since I took my exam. So I won’t hold my breath. LOL 

It's been 2 weeks and 2 days today and my name is not posted yet. 😞 I'm very nervous! I'm trying to figure out what could possibly go wrong other than the fact that they are busy during a pandemic and that there are a lot of applicants. I guess NY is just backed up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NurseSparkly has 1 years experience as a ADN, RN.

119 Posts; 573 Profile Views

1 minute ago, vixpichzza said:

It's been 2 weeks and 2 days today and my name is not posted yet. 😞 I'm very nervous! I'm trying to figure out what could possibly go wrong other than the fact that they are busy during a pandemic and that there are a lot of applicants. I guess NY is just backed up? 

Ah man! That could be it. On their website, it states they are only reviewing applications received on 5/12/2020. Do you remember the date you applied for your license? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.