Langara Nursing Fall 2022

Updated | Posted
by xxjj_ xxjj_ Member Student Pre-Student

Specializes in pre-nursing student. Has 1 years experience.

langara-nursing-program-gpa.jpg.993ec92b89048b7814d00c244b0c3d0a.jpg

Just wondering if anyone else applied to the Langara Nursing program for the Fall 2022 intake? If so what GPA did you apply with? I'm super demotivated and don't have much hope of getting in since I've heard the fall intake is much more competitive. Let's all help each other out! 😊

Thanks!

futurenursecm

Specializes in Pre-Nursing.

17 hours ago, xxjj_ said:

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone else applied to the Langara Nursing program for the Fall 2022 intake? If so what GPA did you apply with? I'm super demotivated and don't have much hope of getting in since I've heard the fall intake is much more competitive. Let's all help each other out! 😊

Thanks!

Hi there!

Please don’t feel demotivated or lose hope! What GPA did you apply with if you don’t mind me asking?

I applied for the Fall 2022 intake with a 4.0 GPA.

Good luck to everyone! 😊

xxjj_

Specializes in pre-nursing student. Has 1 years experience.

2 hours ago, futurenursecm said:

Hi there!

Please don’t feel demotivated or lose hope! What GPA did you apply with if you don’t mind me asking?

I applied for the Fall 2022 intake with a 4.0 GPA.

Good luck to everyone! 😊

Hey!

Going to be honest with you, I do not know what my GPA is and how to calculate it. My grades are ENGL 1127 B+, ENGL 1129 B, BIOL 1190 A-, BIOL 1191 A-, PSYC 2321, A-.

If you know how to calculate, it would be awesome if you could help me calculate it! I feel like my ENGL 1129 mark is dragging my GPA down, so I might just retake it.

With a 4.0 GPA, I think you have a solid chance of getting in! 🙂

Good luck everyone! 

futurenursecm

Specializes in Pre-Nursing.

1 hour ago, xxjj_ said:

Hey!

Going to be honest with you, I do not know what my GPA is and how to calculate it. My grades are ENGL 1127 B+, ENGL 1129 B, BIOL 1190 A-, BIOL 1191 A-, PSYC 2321, A-.

If you know how to calculate, it would be awesome if you could help me calculate it! I feel like my ENGL 1129 mark is dragging my GPA down, so I might just retake it.

With a 4.0 GPA, I think you have a solid chance of getting in! 🙂

Good luck everyone! 

Hi! 

I would be happy to help you calculate your GPA.

I used this page on the langara website to help (https://langara.ca/registration-and-records/resources/grading-and-withdrawals/grades-notations.html). I added up the grade points that correspond to the letter grades, then divided the number of classes took by the total sum of the grade points, and got 3.468 as your GPA. Hopefully my explanation makes sense!

If you think it will help bump up your GPA, you could retake a class!

Also, I have heard of people getting accepted with GPAs similar to yours! 

Best of luck to you! 🙂

 

xxjj_

Specializes in pre-nursing student. Has 1 years experience.

On 10/2/2021 at 10:25 PM, futurenursecm said:

Hi! 

I would be happy to help you calculate your GPA.

I used this page on the langara website to help (https://langara.ca/registration-and-records/resources/grading-and-withdrawals/grades-notations.html). I added up the grade points that correspond to the letter grades, then divided the number of classes took by the total sum of the grade points, and got 3.468 as your GPA. Hopefully my explanation makes sense!

If you think it will help bump up your GPA, you could retake a class!

Also, I have heard of people getting accepted with GPAs similar to yours! 

Best of luck to you! 🙂

Hey, 

Thanks for helping me calculate it! I really don't think that is a good GPA giving that the intakes are super competitive🥺 So yes, I might retake my lowest English mark next semester to bump my GPA up.

Applications and waiting for the decision is the hardest part😫

I wonder if there are more students who have applied, I would love to hear from them!

Just wondering is this the only nursing school you have applied to?

futurenursecm

Specializes in Pre-Nursing.

4 hours ago, xxjj_ said:

Hey, 

Thanks for helping me calculate it! I really don't think that is a good GPA giving that the intakes are super competitive🥺 So yes, I might retake my lowest English mark next semester to bump my GPA up.

Applications and waiting for the decision is the hardest part😫

I wonder if there are more students who have applied, I would love to hear from them!

Just wondering is this the only nursing school you have applied to?

Hello!

You’re welcome! Aww yeah I know, the intakes have gotten so competitive ☹️

Forreal, I can’t wait until March / April to know the decision!

Yes, this is the only nursing school I applied to. I initially wanted to apply to more schools, but I don’t have any healthcare volunteer / work experience which they require 😕(I was planning to get healthcare experience last year but I wasn’t able to anymore because of COVID).

Edited by futurenursecm

Hi! 
I applied to the Fall 2022 intake and my CGPA is 3.9. It’s so good to know some people that applied 🙂 I also applied to BCIT and have to do the CASPer test and Snapshot…

xxjj_

Specializes in pre-nursing student. Has 1 years experience.

On 10/3/2021 at 5:51 PM, futurenursecm said:

Hello!

You’re welcome! Aww yeah I know, the intakes have gotten so competitive ☹️

Forreal, I can’t wait until March / April to know the decision!

Yes, this is the only nursing school I applied to. I initially wanted to apply to more schools, but I don’t have any healthcare volunteer / work experience which they require 😕(I was planning to get healthcare experience last year but I wasn’t able to anymore because of COVID).

21 hours ago, Megan Sentes said:

Hi! 
I applied to the Fall 2022 intake and my CGPA is 3.9. It’s so good to know some people that applied 🙂 I also applied to BCIT and have to do the CASPer test and Snapshot…

Just wondering do any of you know what an 89% at BCIT is? I took my A&P class there and apparently an 89% is an A-, I was hoping it was an A. I find this so weird 😞 

I also applied to BCIT even though I did not have much healthcare experience, I have heard it's tough to get it in there. Apparently, a bachelors degree with 60-70 credits and tons of experience gets you a spot there.

15 hours ago, xxjj_ said:

Just wondering do any of you know what an 89% at BCIT is? I took my A&P class there and apparently an 89% is an A-, I was hoping it was an A. I find this so weird 😞 

I also applied to BCIT even though I did not have much healthcare experience, I have heard it's tough to get it in there. Apparently, a bachelors degree with 60-70 credits and tons of experience gets you a spot there.

I'm thinking it is for sure either an A or an A-. I can't seem to find BCIT's grading scale anywhere online and I just assumed that I got an A from 96%. Did you take the A&P 1 and 2 pre-req at BCIT? I had to retake mine from Langara because I failed it, but got such a high mark when I did it at BCIT. 

I applied to BCIT because it's my dream and if I didn't try then I would've regretted it LOL! I have volunteer experience so hopefully that will help!

Did you register for your CASPer reservation? If not, you should register for it ASAP because you want to get the earliest time you can so it counts for registration! 

xxjj_

Specializes in pre-nursing student. Has 1 years experience.

1 hour ago, Megan Sentes said:

I'm thinking it is for sure either an A or an A-. I can't seem to find BCIT's grading scale anywhere online and I just assumed that I got an A from 96%. Did you take the A&P 1 and 2 pre-req at BCIT? I had to retake mine from Langara because I failed it, but got such a high mark when I did it at BCIT. 

I applied to BCIT because it's my dream and if I didn't try then I would've regretted it LOL! I have volunteer experience so hopefully that will help!

Did you register for your CASPer reservation? If not, you should register for it ASAP because you want to get the earliest time you can so it counts for registration! 

I did take BHSC 1200 at BCIT and got an 89% on my first try! It is such a heavy course in my opinion but worth it. 

I ended up calling Langara and the admissions advisor calculated my CGPA and it is a 3.668 not 3.468. This gives me a lot of hope since it gives me a better chance of getting in!! 

I registered for my CASPer test about a month and a half ago and it is next month 🙂

Just now, xxjj_ said:

I did take BHSC 1200 at BCIT and got an 89% on my first try! It is such a heavy course in my opinion but worth it. 

I ended up calling Langara and the admissions advisor calculated my CGPA and it is a 3.668 not 3.468. This gives me a lot of hope since it gives me a better chance of getting in!! 

I registered for my CASPer test about a month and a half ago and it is next month 🙂

It is such a heavy and condensed course but my mark would be very different if I didn't take it! 

That's so good, congrats! You have definitely a much better chance now 🙂

Is your Casper Test for November 4th at 5:00 PST? I'm so nervous for it and especially the Snapshot video interview... I get super anxious when on the spot and the fact that we can't go back or redo is super scary!

futurenursecm

Specializes in Pre-Nursing.

44 minutes ago, xxjj_ said:

I did take BHSC 1200 at BCIT and got an 89% on my first try! It is such a heavy course in my opinion but worth it. 

I ended up calling Langara and the admissions advisor calculated my CGPA and it is a 3.668 not 3.468. This gives me a lot of hope since it gives me a better chance of getting in!! 

I registered for my CASPer test about a month and a half ago and it is next month 🙂

I’m so happy to hear about your GPA! 😊 I apologize for miscalculating it before. And yes, you have a better chance of being accepted now! 😊

Good luck on your CASPer test next month!