help me please(Ukraine) - page 3

I am male,live in Ukraine,and I want to study LPN-programm.How much will be cost my studying?I have no much money and I am searching a nursing school with a low cost of studying and a state with a... Read More

  1. by   Geena
    Just my two cents. I think you should rather consider studying in your own country. If you don't have the money, it is pointless to plan studies in this country.
    Your argument that the drugs will be different and the NCLEX more difficult if you study in Ukraine, that is not really so. Drugs are the same and you can learn the content of what is required in the NCLEX regardless of the school you attended.
    Also, you will not qualify for a greencard being a LVN. What is the point?
    Sorry about my brute reply but I think we need a reality check here.
  2. by   Dennis78
  3. by   suzanne4
    Since you do not know who I am, let me introduce myself. I am a Super Moderator here, as well as the Moderator of the International and NCLEX Forums.

    To clear up a few concerns that you have:
    1. You cannot get a green card to live and work in the US with an LPN license, US immigratioin does not accept it.

    2. There are many nurses from the Ukraine that are now in the US working as RNs. And they did not have it any rougher that nurses from other countries.

    3. There are some execellent training programs in the Ukraine and other members of the former Soviet Union.

    4. Suggest that you do some research on what you wish to do.

    5. Besides if coming to the US to go to school on a student visa, you will not be able to work, and you will find that much more difficult to get a visa to do that. And you will be foreign tuition, which makes it all the more expensive for you to do.
  4. by   embarq
    I am not from Ukraine but from the former Soviet Union. So my native language is Russian.
    Suzanne is absolutely right. You will have to get a student visa and need to take an RN program to apply for green card. That is what i did. Believe me or not i have a huge educational loan and my RN license is gold now. I just started working as an RN and yes i am able to pay my monthly loan bill but still i wish i would get my nursing degree back at home for almost free.
    Also, to get an educational loan being on student visa you will have to have a co-signer with a good credit history and who is an american citizen.
    Please feel free to email me or send private messages if you have any questions.
    Good luck
  5. by   DrBlaze
    Quote from Dennis78
    anybody from Ukraine?
    Not from Ukraine, but my grandparents and mother are.

    I speak Ukrainian fairly well, but my reading and writing skills aren't so hot these days.
  6. by   Dennis78
    good evening ,drblaze vbmenu_register("postmenu_1897739", true);