Websites... - page 12
Hey guys! How are all of you? I just can't seem to get enough of this site!!! I love it! :D Ok, here's my post for the night: What are some really good nursing websites? I want to know about sites... Read More
Sep 19, '07Occupation: Basketweaver Specialty: 8 year(s) of experience in Corrections ; From: US ; Joined: Aug '07; Posts: 143; Likes: 73http://www.nursing-scholarships.net
It has some information about nursing , pre-nursing lecture notes for AP 1 & 2, microbiology, etc.
Sep 24, '07Occupation: Registered Nurse Specialty: None ; From: PH ; Joined: Sep '07; Posts: 26; Likes: 16whoooh! i really like all the websites that are posted in here! lol! here are some of my favorite sites check it out, it's very useful for nursing students:
note: not all of these sites are still working...
[color="#ff0000"]anatomy review for nurses
best anatomy simulators
[color="#ff0000"]physiology for nurses 1
[color="#ff0000"]physiology models 2
links to gross human anatomy
[color="#ff0000"]the visible human project the national library of medicine
[color="#ff0000"]gray’s anatomy of the human body a great reference!
[color="#ff0000"]human anatomy online
[color="#ff0000"]the virtual body
[color="#ff0000"]review of anatomy of the head and neck baylor college of
medicine houston, texas
[color="#ff0000"]gross anatomy university of arkansas for medical sciences
anatomy and physiology animations
Oct 1, '07Joined: May '06; Posts: 8; Likes: 11This is a very handy dosage calculations tutorial which does a good job of explaining how to do dosage calculations and has practice questions: http://www.dosagehelp.com/
Oct 25, '07Joined: Oct '07; Posts: 8hi molly one hers ,thanks to all who have ssent the web sites for pre-nursing,yeah has anyone took the Hesi A2 test for entrance to nursing school ? I am wonderinf\g if there are any web sites,and or any where youcan get sample studt questions for this exam taking ot next week HELP
Oct 25, '07From: US ; Joined: Oct '07; Posts: 67; Likes: 9Hi everyone,
Does anyone know of a site that shows how to give injections, care for wounds and IV administration?:angel2:
Oct 28, '07Specialty: med/surg, telemetry, IV therapy, mgmt ; Joined: May '05; Posts: 15,027; Likes: 8,975Quote from rachel33138you will find information onhi everyone,
does anyone know of a site that shows how to give injections, care for wounds and iv administration?:angel2:
- how to give im injections on post #21
- iv administration on post #6 and #22
- of this thread in the nursing student assistance forum https://allnurses.com/forums/f205/an...es-127657.html
- http://www.nursing.uiowa.edu/sites/chronicwound/ - chronic wound healing. a tutorial that includes definitions, descriptions of wounds, assessment, debridement, cleansing, maintaining a moist environment, supporting the wound surfaces and nutrition. has photographs to help show and explain concepts.
- http://lib2.hacc.edu/nursing/nursing206/ - from harrisburg area community college. click on videos to see movies of various iv procedures, ng tubes, and wound packing. will need a real one player to view. site states you can download a free version of the player. heparin well, piggyback, iv push, ampules, pediatric medication administration, pediatric iv administration with soluset.
- http://lib2.hacc.edu/nursing/nursing104/ - from harrisburg area community college more videos of nursing procedures. this site includes links to videos on bandaging, bedmaking, enemas, iv therapy, medication administration (most all routes of administration are addressed), ng tubes, nursing skills (sterile gloving and dressing, dressing change, straight catheterization, indwelling catheter and rom), physical assessment and positioning
- http://www.gensurg.com/htm/wound.html - home instructions for changing a surgical wound that requires packing
- http://www.thinairproductions.ca/tcoywpreview.htm - "taking care of your wound" video
- http://www.csufresno.edu/dcg/videos/...y/dutra/n110a/ - videos of iv's and wound care
Oct 28, '07Joined: Oct '07; Posts: 8; Likes: 2All these references for nursing websites is a tremendous help. Thank you everyone!
Dec 20, '07Specialty: med/surg, telemetry, IV therapy, mgmt ; Joined: May '05; Posts: 15,027; Likes: 8,975always check your textbook, the preface, the back cover or its indexes for references to an online student companion website that the publisher has provided to help you in studying the material. these websites often have synopses of the chapter material, flashcards and quizzes on them. if a pin or password is required, contact your instructor or the bookstore where you purchased the textbook. access to these websites is part of the purchase of the textbook that you are entitled to access as an owner of the textbook.
here are some websites that you might find helpful as well. some are instructor websites that include their lecture notes. there are a few textbook companion websites that the general public can get access to:
- companion textbook websites
- http://www.wwnorton.com/college/soc/...s5/welcome.asp - companion website for introduction to sociology, 5th edition, by anthony gibbens, mitchell duneier and richard appelbaum. click on the chapter numbers at the top to access the learning activities (quizzes, flashcards, exercises).
- http://www.wadsworth.com/cgi-wadswor...line_number=14 - companion website for sociology: a global perspective, 6th edition by joan ferrante.
- http://wps.ablongman.com/ab_henslin_essentials_7/ - companion website for essentials of sociology: a down-to-earth approach, 7th edition, by james m. henslin.
- http://www.prenhall.com/macionis/ - gateway to companion websites for several sociology textbooks published by prentice hall. click on a textbook that interests you to access the learning activities.
Dec 25, '07Joined: Dec '07; Posts: 7thanks guys these r lot of sites and r heplful. i think i should get A on all my tests now.
Jan 2, '08Joined: Oct '07; Posts: 35; Likes: 9Hello everybody, did anyone use Morrison Media LLC NCLEX Secrets Study Guides? What do you know about it?Last edit by sirI on Jan 7, '08 : Reason: quoted edited post
Feb 9, '08Joined: Nov '07; Posts: 2; Likes: 1haha i just posted this thread on the general nursing area before i even noticed this thread here! silly me! i just cut and paste what i wrote here for you guys =)
hey guys! I'm studying for my pharm mid term on monday, and somehow found this flashcard site that really helped me out for some of my sections already!
its really cool cause you can search your topic, and a list links to different topics pop up. you just clink on which one you want, and its a page where you can study the flash cards on your computer =) if you click on the study section, its a page with controls on the left side that you can use to flip and move through the flash cards =) you can also print them out if you need to also.
I just went over my ANS drugs and this really helped!
hope it helps you guys out too!!
Feb 12, '08Occupation: RN Specialty: 2 year(s) of experience in Pediatrics ; From: US ; Joined: Jun '07; Posts: 139; Likes: 71I found the following website helpful when I was taking anatomy and physiology. It was fun quizzes and stuff! It's a free site posted by the University of Minnesota.
Feb 18, '08Occupation: Nursing Student Joined: Aug '07; Posts: 864; Likes: 773AP
Unofficial A&P 112 Site
Animations and Anatomical Images from Primal Pictures and ACC
Human Anatomy Online
Welcome to Human Anatomy On-line the place for fun, interactive and educational views of the human body.
Pathophysiology/ A & P/ Microbiology/ Fluid & Electrolyte Resources - Page 5 - allnurses.com Nursing for Nurses
Medical Gross Anatomy - Dissection Videos
Self Tests: WebAnatomy
List of Muscles
The Ohio State University Dept of Family Medicine | The Physical Examination: An Interactive Primer
Assessment Skills for Nurses
assessment skills for nurses
How to Perform a Head to Toe Assessment
How to perform a head to toe assessment
(A Practical Guide to Clinical Medicine)
Thomson Delmar Learning Companion - Pediatric Nursing, Caring for Children and Their Families, 2e
Nursing Assessment Nursing Policies
Screening Physical Exam
NeuroLogic Exam Home
NEUROLOGIC EXAM: AN ANATOMICAL APPROACH. Clinical Dissection of the Nervous System:
EHS: Nursing Care Plans: Nursing Diagnosis and Intervention, 5/e - Online Care Plan Constructor
Evolve: Ackley & Ladwig: Nursing Diagnosis Handbook: A Guide to Planning Care, 6th Edition - Care Plan Constructor - Care Plan Constructor: A-B
Drug tables - Medication Tables - Drug classes
Ultimate drug list for pharmacists, nurses, physicians. Quick dosing guide.
Drugs.com | Prescription Drug Information, Side Effects & Interactions
Prescription drug information and news for professionals and consumers. Search our drug database for comprehensive prescription and patient information on 24,000 drugs online
Pharmacology I, II, and III
Nursing Process Math
Pharmacology Math: Calculating IV Problems
Information for the student on how to calculate IV infusion problems. This is part of a math module for nursing students.
DrugGuide.com -- Classification Profiles
Misc. stuff I use when I am in need
MT Desk The essential resource for medical transcriptionists everywhere.
Healthopedia.com - Your Health Encyclopedia
Consumer Health information resource contains comprehensive and reliable database of health articles and reference materials from trusted sources on over 1,500 topics. Provides accurate, unbiased information in patient-friendly language on more than 11,000 drugs and medications.
Medical Animation Library
View these medical animations as provided by the University of Pennsylvania Health System.
Lab Tests Online: Welcome!
Lab Tests Online offers noncommercial patient education on blood, urine, and other lab tests to help health care consumers better manage their care.
Nursing Study Resources!
A list of resources to help students study Nursing
List and Glossary of medical terms: English
Medical Mnemonics .com: World's Database of Medical Mnemonics
A free online searchable database of medical mnemonics to help students of health-related professions remember the important details.
Maslow's hierarchy of needs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tired Student Nurses
This site belongs to DaniBanani here on Allnurses.....Thanks Dani
INTERPRETATION OF ABG's
Health Care Education SuperSite at Free-Ed.Net
OR-Live: Live and On-Demand Medical Webcasts
OR-Live features live and on-demand Webcasts of breakthrough medical procedures from world renown medical centers and hospitals.
NursingCenter - Journal Articles
Gateway site to extensive collection of thousands of nursing journal articles from leading publisher.
Florence Nightingale - Notes on Nursing
Test Taking Skills Workshop
Abnormal Psychology Image Gallery
National Student Nurses' Association - NSNA
06_02_05_NCLEX_RN_Fact.pdf (application/pdf Object)
Emergency Medicine Articles
APA Formatting and Style Guide - The OWL at Purdue
Health Illustrated Encyclopedia
Illustrated Health Encyclopedia detailing Diseases and Conditions, Injuries, Nutrition, Poisons, Surgeries, Symptoms, Medical Tests and other Special Topics
Index of /DCG/videos/faculty/Dutra/N110A/
Kozier & Erb's Fundamentals of Nursing
Counselor-O-Matic: GPA Conversion Chart
Calculate Your GPA
Re-entry, non-traditional and adult students returning to college. Financial aid, , accredited online degrees.
NCSBN Learning Extension -- E-Learning for the Nursing Community. Featuring online courses and education products for nurses, nursing educators, and nursing students.
Math.com Math Practice
Free math lessons and math homework help from basic math to algebra, geometry and beyond. Students, teachers, parents, and everyone can find solutions to their math problems instantly.
Nursing Assistant - Video Lessons