i need your help, please!
i have been offered a new job as a health care tech, which is one step below a rn intern. (i can't become a rn intern, yet, because i have not completed adult health i.) i am completely torn about what to do, that is why i need your help. i will list the advantages & disadvantages of each below.
1) get to study while at work
2) low to no stress
3) good hours (guaranteed full-time mon - fri 7a - 4p)
1) have to work with the most stupidest people on the earth! (i am questioned on a daily basis on how to lose 20lbs in 2 days! ugh!!!!)
2) have not had a raise in over a year, because they say that i since i will be a nurse a couple of years, i don't need it!
3) even though i have the time to study at work, i very seldom do study at work (i hope that makes sense!)
4) has nothing to do with the medical field (i am a manager of a corporate wellness facility.)
5) absolutely no benefits (health insurance, retirement)
1) on-the-job training
2) i get my foot in the door in the hospital that is very difficult to get into as a new grad nurse
3) the hospital is about 1/4 of a mile from my house
4) 7a - 3p shift
1) cut in pay (~$2/hr)
2) no more studying at work
3) only guaranteed part-time hours (but with possibility of more)
please any advice and/or suggestion would be greatly appreciated! i have "the meeting" tomorrow.