Licensing in Two States - page 2

If you live in a suburb of a city that is in another state (I live in South Jersey outside of Philadelphia) and you want the option to work in both states how do you get licensed in both? I'm... Read More

  1. by   Rocknurse
    I'm licensed in VT and now I'm applying in CT. I don't understand why you can't have a national license like we do in England. We just register once and it's good for the whole country. Sure saves a lot of time and money.
  2. by   Audreyfay
    I wish there were a national license. It sure would make things easier. But, then each individual state would no longer be able to collect their money. money money.
  3. by   cbb1008
    I am licensed in both CA and NC. I have often heard of people having trouble getting a license in CA. Fortunately, CA is the state I tested in. YES, CA requires a finger print a bit unnerving if you ask me.
  4. by   Mithrah
    How much was the fee to get licenced in the other state(s)?
  5. by   cbb1008
    For me, I believe it was $60.00 for the state of CA to send the information to NC then $80.00 for the license. It has been a few years so I might be off a bit on the amounts.
  6. by   Rocknurse
    $90 for CT.
  7. by   Repat
    There was a thread about this a little while ago. Anyway, $105 for 2 years in KY (plus 30 CEU's), $60 for 2 yrs in MA (plus 15 CEU's). The fee is about to increase in KY because the state appropriated the surplus funds that the BON had accumulated(!).
  8. by   Ortho_RN
    tigger2sassy..where at in AR you going back to??
  9. by   tigger2sassy
    nurse2b-- i pm'd ya
  10. by   luvbug
    I thought it was very simple. I went to Nursing school in minnesota and it was much closer to take the boards there than in Wisconsin, so I did that. I got my first nursing job (part-time) in minnesota, but the clinic has a branch office in Wisconsin. they had a full time opening in WI, So I just applied for my WI license, paid a fee (very reasonable, I thought) and away I went. In Minnesota, we have to do a certain amount of continuing education every two years to keep the license current, but in WI, we don't.