I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO HEAR OF THE DIFFERENT BENEFITS THAT SOME FACILITIES OFFER THEIR NURSING STAFF!(STUFF LIKE FREE CHILDCARE, HOUSKEEPING, FITNESS CLUB MEMBERSHIPS, ECT....)THESE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS THAT FACILITIES IN MY AREA OFFER.ANYONE ELSE?
Jan 12, '03
- Paid time off that doesn't cut into regular pto/sick time for when over-staffing occurs on the unit. If at the end of the year all of this time is not used, it converts to paid time off. (and I use it all the time!)
- Abundant paid time off/sick time. We do not distinguish between sick time and paid time off so if you're never sick you end up with TONS of vacation/personal time off (usually we get the vacation we request as well.)
- 40 hours paid educational time/yr and plenty of opportunity to use it! Our hospital has a education department dedicated to nursing classes/CEU's/etc.
- Employer matched 401K (even if you don't decide to put anything in you still get at percentage of your income at retirement)
- Free union bank accounts and low rate loans (mortgage/auto).
- Tuition based training programs and tuition reimbursment.
- A variety of Medical coverage plans.
- Dental, vision, long term disability, state disability insurance, life insurance, and legal services (legal-for a small fee).
- Malpractice and general liability insurance (bought my own as well)
- Tax-deferred annuity program.
- Flexible spending program (pre-tax account for medical/dental/child or dependent care expenses)
- Sabbatical assignments (get base wage rate and benefits for the duration of the sabbatical).
- Jury duty (base wage rate while serving on a jury)
- Discount tickets to DISNEYLAND!!!!
I'm sure I'm leaving something off, but just the same, all that and a decent wage to boot!! I so wish that everywhere in the US nurses were afforded the same opportunities and benefits! I feel spoiled but I don't feel bad...I deserve it, we ALL do!
Last edit by Sally_ICURN on Jan 12, '03