Jump to content

FSW Fall 2019

Florida   (11,900 Views 268 Comments)
by FutureFloridaNurse FutureFloridaNurse (New Member) New Member Student

184 Profile Views; 3 Posts

You are reading page 17 of FSW Fall 2019. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

34 Posts; 120 Profile Views

19 hours ago, Nursee2019 said:

Hi guys,

I'm a level four student at FSW. I didn't get to read all of the pages but I like to check up on the FSW threads because it was confusing for me when I first started too. To clarify on the book purchases, yes I agree its expensive and I was forced to take out a loan just for the books. The books come with two access codes which is needed and used each semester. If you buy the bundle it comes with ebooks as well. The majority of my class purchased the bundle in the bookstore like I did. I can't recall how much the access codes cost itself. The ATI is also used throughout the year. Its hard to come to terms with and can be frustrating, but nursing school is expensive. Congratulations to you all who have been accepted! For those of you who weren't accepted for the Fall semester please do not give up, and try again for the Spring semester. Let me know if you have any questions, I will do my best to respond, but I am not on here much.

Does anyone have a clue where clinical will take place? I'm at Collier campus so I am hoping that we stay in Collier for clinical.. but I'm not really sure, haven't read anything about clinical on past years forums or from former students.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

19 Posts; 156 Profile Views

On 7/19/2019 at 10:18 AM, TokyoDiamond said:

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to get the health form/physical exam done? I just got my health insurance reinstated a couple weeks ago and my new PCP cannot see me until October and I’ve been to MedExpress in PC and North Port and neither will do it because of the mental health part of the form.

Health department charges $55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

34 Posts; 120 Profile Views

On 7/19/2019 at 1:01 PM, wcampanella said:

Does anyone know if the ati codes can be purchased online through the bookstore? 

Have you found the answer to this question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

16 Posts; 80 Profile Views

So I went to the Charlotte campus today and they just got the textbook bundle. It’s just an access code not physically textbooks. The manager said he was going to email the nursing dept to make sure that it’s just the access code replacing the textbooks. Cause he was confuse when he saw them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

2 Posts; 20 Profile Views

1 hour ago, LPNtoFutureRN said:

So I went to the Charlotte campus today and they just got the textbook bundle. It’s just an access code not physically textbooks. The manager said he was going to email the nursing dept to make sure that it’s just the access code replacing the textbooks. Cause he was confuse when he saw them. 

Hi there, I found all the books in the bundle on amazon for half the price total and I prefer to use physical copies. Do you know if we need to by the ebooks to be able to do other course work? Does the bundle come with access codes that we need? Anyone can answer this question because I emailed Edna and Wendy about books but haven't heard back from them and the books store has limited information. The books are very expensive *sigh*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ivndgr8 has 2 years experience as a EMT-B.

18 Posts; 130 Profile Views

7 hours ago, Nursefor21 said:

Hi there, I found all the books in the bundle on amazon for half the price total and I prefer to use physical copies. Do you know if we need to by the ebooks to be able to do other course work? Does the bundle come with access codes that we need? Anyone can answer this question because I emailed Edna and Wendy about books but haven't heard back from them and the books store has limited information. The books are very expensive *sigh*

Almost as much as the the classes them selfs lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

2 Posts; 20 Profile Views

On 7/23/2019 at 10:49 PM, Ivndgr8 said:

Almost as much as the the classes them selfs lol 

I'm stressing over here but it looks like we have to get the e-book which I hate because I like the actual physical copies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

34 Posts; 120 Profile Views

10 hours ago, LPNtoFutureRN said:

Does anyone know if there is an option for physical textbooks 

I'm pretty sure someone said in a prior post that you can print them out for $50 and put them into a binder? That's probably the only option to getting physical textbooks, unless you went on Amazon and bought the physical textbooks themselves plus the ebook bundle from the bookstore since it has all of the access codes that you will need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

2 Posts; 8 Profile Views

Has anyone been able to register to NUC1000 using the link (for lee campus)? Mine says enrollment is closed... I've been to registrar and emailed nursing on the 23rd (still no reply).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

34 Posts; 120 Profile Views

12 hours ago, krm1121 said:

Has anyone been able to register to NUC1000 using the link (for lee campus)? Mine says enrollment is closed... I've been to registrar and emailed nursing on the 23rd (still no reply).

I was able to but I'm at Collier campus. It seemed like a lot of nursing staff was gone at the end of last week so hopefully they are back this week..since we have all these things due next Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×