"study ADN 5 trisems in RP + 1 trisem in US = US graduate" - is it possible??

World International

Published

good day to all!

may i know your insights about this:

"st. ignatius health science college offers the philippines' pioneer two-year registered nursing (asdn) program specifically intended for those who wish to work in the united states. our curriculum includes a final trimester which qualified students will spend at an affiliated school in the u.s., finishing as u.s. graduates. students will study 20 months in the philippines (5 trimesters of 4 months each) and 4 months at fresno city college in california. "

what can you say?

good day to all!

may i know your insights about this:

"st. ignatius health science college offers the philippines' pioneer two-year registered nursing (asdn) program specifically intended for those who wish to work in the united states. our curriculum includes a final trimester which qualified students will spend at an affiliated school in the u.s., finishing as u.s. graduates. students will study 20 months in the philippines (5 trimesters of 4 months each) and 4 months at fresno city college in california. "

what can you say?

-------

todate, that program (5 trimesters phils + 1 term us = us adn) doesn't look consistent with what us immigration currently allows (phil. bsn = us work and immigration).

unless the school has in place a guaranteed job placement in the u.s. including processing etc., that's another story. but then that will be too good to be true and you know if such is the case then it's usually not.

read post 44 by suzanne4:

https://allnurses.com/forums/f235/all-pinoy-rns-pls-read-150908-5.html

it's a sticky up above. if you wish, there are some related threads a few months back. search under "practical nursing in the philippines".

sorry i've too much time on my hands but i earnestly hope this helps.

This has been discussed too many times. This degree (ASDN or AA) is good only for those with green cards or US citizenship. Even if they allow you to take the NCLEX and pass it, you need a BSN to be sponsored for immigration coming from the Philippines.

-------

todate, that program (5 trimesters phils + 1 term us = us adn) doesn't look consistent with what us immigration currently allows (phil. bsn = us work and immigration).

unless the school has in place a guaranteed job placement in the u.s. including processing etc., that's another story. but then that will be too good to be true and you know if such is the case then it's USUALLY NOT.

read post 44 by suzanne4:

https://allnurses.com/forums/f235/all-pinoy-rns-pls-read-150908-5.html

it's a sticky up above. if you wish, there are some related threads a few months back. search under "practical nursing in the philippines".

sorry i've too much time on my hands but i earnestly hope this helps.

Thanks for the information.

This has been discussed too many times. This degree (ASDN or AA) is good only for those with green cards or US citizenship. Even if they allow you to take the NCLEX and pass it, you need a BSN to be sponsored for immigration coming from the Philippines.

Thank you.

As we keep saying, and I feel like a broken record:

Check out any program that you are concerned about with the US Embassy to put these questins to rest. US Immigration requires that you have equivalent of the BSN to be considered for immigration status.

Attneding school for one semester in the US is not going to meet requirements of a full US program in any means. Same as they are advertising for LPN programs in the Philippines, and that you can take the NCLEX-PN exam. Sure you can, but you are not going to be able to get a visa that will permit you to work in the US, so the degree is entirely useless to you if that is your goal.

The program that you are speaking about is a new start up program, last time that I checked, did not have approval from CA BRN. And let along a first clas go thru immigraiton. There is no way that I would tell anyone ever to consider a program until you know wha the outcome is going to be.

And it is extremely expensive in realation to costs of other programs and you have no guarantee with it. The school is not immigraiton and can not tell you automatically that is will be accepted. With the issues surrounding programs in the Philippines right now, anything that is not routine is going to be checked over with a fine tooth comb.

There is indeed reason to doubt this and all prospective students should be very careful. They posted their partner US institutions in their website http://www.stignatiuscollege.com/accreditation.htm and maybe it would help to check directly with these US schools also. It would be unfair if their names are posted as partners and turns out to be otherwise. If they have not authorized the use of their names, then it should not be posted on the website!

I hope CHED could look to this school and release a statement on its credibility and authenticity. It would be sad if they turn out to be bogus, using the name of the saint who founded the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits) at that!

Furthermore, this school posted a letter from an alleged immigration lawyer from Pasadena, CA complete with contact info (see link below). Maybe someone from CA could look at the veracity of this as well.

http://www.stignatiuscollege.com/documents/ATTY_CHAN.pdf

Hello Suzanne!

Thanks for the information. That program might be questionable if it is not registered with the CA BoN?

By the way, I was able to see their full page advertisement dated Feb 23, 2006 in the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

There were compliments on the same full page advertisement coming from the following personalities :

1. Pres. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo

Republic of the Philippines

President

2. Atty. Peng Chan

Immigration Lawyer

Pasadena, Cali

3. Maria E. Bedroni

Supervising Nursing Educ Consultant

BON California

4. Ned Doffoney

Fresno City College

President

5. Clarita Rivero

Assistant Dept Manager

Patient Care Service,

Kaiser Permanente Medical Center

6. Jaime Galvez-Tan

Former Dept of Health Secretary

Can anyone help check this out if those messages coming from the mentioned personalities were genuine?

Specializes in Vents, Telemetry, Home Care, Home infusion.

key word is compliments here....

maria bedroni not on current list calif bon, unknown if on prior boards:

board members

committees

ca approved nursing programs: nursing schools

kaiser permanente medical center---several locations so unable to track down specific individual........

ned doffoney is president fresno state president's office

my mother has often said "if it's too good to be true....it often is not."

Hello Suzanne!

Thanks for the information. That program might be questionable if it is not registered with the CA BoN?

By the way, I was able to see their full page advertisement dated Feb 23, 2006 in the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

There were compliments on the same full page advertisement coming from the following personalities :

1. Pres. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo

President

2. Atty. Peng Chan

Immigration Lawyer

Pasadena, Cali

3. Maria E. Bedroni

Supervising Nursing Educ Consultant

BON California

4. Ned Doffoney

Fresno City College

President

5. Clarita Rivero

Assistant Dept Manager

Patient Care Service,

Kaiser Permanente Medical Center

6. Jaime Galvez-Tan

Former Dept of Health Secretary

Can anyone help check this out if those messages coming from the mentioned personalities were genuine?

I think the Philippine Daily Inquirer, as our leading broadsheet will verify info first before running this ad. However, what did their message specifically say? It's not necessarily an endorsement if it's just well wishes, etc.

The immigration lawyer Atty Chan mentioned several points I couldn't verify coz I'm not a lawyer nor familiar with US immigration laws. Maybe someone knowledgeable could look into that as well.

hello! thanks for your replies.

by the way, here are some excerpts from their full-page advertisement in the philippine daily inquirer that i was able to copy:

"your proposal of sending your senior students to fresno city college as advanced placement students to take the last semester courses in the fcc rn program and to complete the courses necessary for the college to grant them an associate degree will make the students eligible to the nclex rn examination. your willingness to make your curriuculum very similar to ours will make this process easier."

- ned doffoney (message to st. ignatius health science college)

fresno city college, president

"your students can sit for the nclex by enrolling into the fresno adn program to complete their studies. this would allow your students to sit for the nclex as graduates of fresno city college."

- maria e. bedroni (message to st. ignatius health science college)

supervising nursing educ consultant, board of nursing, california

it is really too good to be true. what do you thinks guys?

+ Add a Comment