A&P I: The Summer '05 Anatomy and Physiology Club

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

Okay, so am I the only one crazy enough to be taking this during the summer?:uhoh21:

I've been so excited to finally get to take part in one of these things.

Anyways, school starts June 6 here. I bought my texts Wednesday (Marieb: Text and Study Guide-6th Edition; Lab-Cat Version-8th edition), and am pretty comfortable with Chapter One. I love the website, although it looks like my Prof won't be using the "My Anatomy" stuff. boo.

Can't wait to get this thread rolling. How is everyone else feeling?

Specializes in Operating Room.

I just finished A&P 1, and made several quizzes, and put them online. (http://www.nursingjourney.com.)

My advice is to look at as many different types of tissue pics online as you can, and as many different model pics as you can. (My instructor always had a few models that we hadn't seen in lab for our lab tests.)

Good luck, I know it will be a rough summer for you. Hopefully my powerpoint quizzes will come in handy for you!!! :)

I am taking A&P 2, during summer 2. So, I, like you probably, will be so glad to have the summer behind me.

Okay, so am I the only one crazy enough to be taking this during the summer?:uhoh21:

Anyways, school starts June 6 here. I bought my texts Wednesday (Marieb: Text and Study Guide-6th Edition; Lab-Cat Version-8th edition), and am pretty comfortable with Chapter One. I love the website, although it looks like my Prof won't be using the "My Anatomy" stuff. boo.

Hi Fun2Care!!

Wow, I didn't know that was YOUR site!! I've had it in my favorites for months! :chuckle

Thanks for the great advice!! I followed the A&P thread off and on, and congrats on your AMAZING grades!! You are REALLY an inspiration! :balloons:

Are you taking anything with A&P II this summer? I'm scheduled for either a Physics or an Adolescent Psych, but I'm waffling on it.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING and good luck to you! I'll be keeping an eye on the A&P 2 thread! :)

Take care,

Tanya, the emoticonaholic

Specializes in Operating Room.

Yes, I am trying to finish up all my nonnursing courses this summer. So, from May 17th - July 7th, I am taking Microbiology, and of course A&P 2, which runs July 12th - August 11th.

That's it....then I just wait over the fall semester for my acceptance letter!

**Positive thinking here!!**

Hi Fun2Care!!

Wow, I didn't know that was YOUR site!! I've had it in my favorites for months! :chuckle

Thanks for the great advice!! I followed the A&P thread off and on, and congrats on your AMAZING grades!! You are REALLY an inspiration! :balloons:

Are you taking anything with A&P II this summer? I'm scheduled for either a Physics or an Adolescent Psych, but I'm waffling on it.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING and good luck to you! I'll be keeping an eye on the A&P 2 thread! :)

Take care,

Tanya, the emoticonaholic

Specializes in PeriOp, ICU, PICU, NICU.

I AM USING THE SAME TEXT AS YOU ARE. MY CLASS STARTED MAY 13TH, I AM SO NERVOUS :uhoh21:

JESSICA

Specializes in ante/postpartum, baby RN.
I AM USING THE SAME TEXT AS YOU ARE. MY CLASS STARTED MAY 13TH, I AM SO NERVOUS :uhoh21:

JESSICA

You will be fine. Read the books every day, and no movies, no shopping, no sleeping, no free time.

Just you and A&P. ;)

Katie

You will be fine. Read the books every day, and no movies, no shopping, no sleeping, no free time.

Just you and A&P. ;)

Katie

THAT'LL DO....:rolleyes: HOW ABOUT NO WORK EITHER :chuckle

JESS

Nope actually I am crazy #2 :rotfl:

Good Luck to all joining in on this CRAZY MISSION :uhoh3:

Specializes in LPN.

Wow, what a neat site you have made. I love the 12 cranial nerves song.

I will be testing out on a 6 credit A & P course next month and a little overwhelmed right now.

FUN2CARE,

I LOVED YOUR SITE AND THANKS FOR THE USEFUL INFO.

JUST GOT BACK FROM CLASS TODAY. THIS LECTURE WAS FILLED WITH NOTHING BUT CHEMISTRY! IT IS BACK TO HAUNT ME :uhoh21:

:chuckle

JESS

Hi!

Count me in for being crazy enough to do this all summer long. Started A&P I last night, and runs though A&P II-- ending 1st week of August. I'm planning on doing NOTHING for the rest of the month of August! :chuckle

Fun2Care, thanks for the link and creating your site. I've bookmarked it and I'm sure I'll be a frequent visitor.

Okay.... Integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, respitory, digestive, urinary, reproductive.... let the fun begin. :p

I'm taking A and P I this summer too. Classes start in a week and am going today to get my books. Would have got them sooner but just got back in to the country. I love this site though as it reminds me to stay focused and excitted! :) What is everyone doing to prepare before classes begin? Any suggestions to pre-class stuff?

-Seadreams

+ Add a Comment