1.patients that answer the question :Have you seen your doctor about your (fill in the blank) problem that you have had for 3 months, with the answer _ I don't have the money to go to my doctors office
When did the ER become free? Same patient answers yes to the questions do your smoke, use drugs and alcohol?
2. patients that call an ambulance for a small complaint because "I can't afford a taxi".
3. Babies with a temp of 105 because " I wanted you to see he had a temperature, or I can't afford tylenol." Spoken around the bag of chips and coke they are eating in triage. Also pack of cigs in purse, pocket.
4. Staticus Dramaticus - Drama queen - budding thespian.
5. new nurses, or techs, or aids that take unconscious patients shoes off!
6. Female patient with "migraine" accompanied by husband or SO, or mother, sometimes all of the above.
7. fake seizures.
8. patients that bring the toliet paper "so you could see what it looks like."
9. any adult patient who is accompaied by their mother.
10. more than 10 drug allergies.
11.patient with a sick kid that has an apppintment with their pediatrician in 20 minutes, but couldn't wait that long to see their own doctor, so they came to the ER.
Just to name a few.
Things I appreciate: Good managers, great co-workers and doctors that listen. Happy ER nurses week to all.