Jump to content

Baylor Scott and White Graduate Nurse Residency - Fall 2020

Posted

Hi everyone! I know the application for the nurse residency program for BSWH opened up on June 22 and figured that I would start a thread to update each other on it. Good luck 🙂

I did my video interview this morning. Hoping for the best!

6 hours ago, Shelana27 said:

Hi everyone! I know the application for the nurse residency program for BSWH opened up on June 22 and figured that I would start a thread to update each other on it. Good luck 🙂

Hi, I applied for the residency program on the 22nd and completed my first interview this morning.

NurseNA, BSN, RN

Specializes in ICU.

Hey, I applied on the 22nd and did my video interview that night! What units are y’all interested in?

My preferences were Acute care (med-surg), ED and critical care

I applied on Monday and did the video questions that night. I ranked ED, critical care and acute care.

I ranked critical, acute, and ED. I saw another group discussing phone interview questions and they were asked about their GPAs. I wonder how much that plays into the hiring decision.

Did anyone else have issues with the videos? I had a lot of technical difficulties when doing mine. I reached out to the recruiters to let them know but haven't heard back from them...I am really looking forward to an opportunity with BSWH and it makes me nervous that something could have gotten messed up.

54 minutes ago, EM1200 said:
1 hour ago, NrSeWhO said:

I ranked critical, acute, and ED. I saw another group discussing phone interview questions and they were asked about their GPAs. I wonder how much that plays into the hiring decision.

I heard about that too. My GPA is only 3.4 so I definitely would not be picked first if that was priority.

58 minutes ago, EM1200 said:
59 minutes ago, EM1200 said:

Did anyone else have issues with the videos? I had a lot of technical difficulties when doing mine. I reached out to the recruiters to let them know but haven't heard back from them...I am really looking forward to an opportunity with BSWH and it makes me nervous that something could have gotten messed up.

I didn’t have any issues...but the interview process sucks! I wish there was a better way!

Hello everyone!

Has anyone who completed the video interview recieved a call back for an actual interview yet? I know it's still super early. Just wondering.

Hello! I just finished my digital interview today. I ranked acute, critical, and then ED. I'm excited and hopefully they consider me further!

What locations is everyone applying to? I applied to Dallas locations

Dallas, Frisco and Plano are what I ranked. I am a little interested in OR but that speciality was only being offered in Temple and I was not willing to relocate.

NurseNA, BSN, RN

Specializes in ICU.

I applied to Dallas, Plano and Temple!

VanessaQ

Has 2 years experience.

6 hours ago, EM1200 said:

Did anyone else have issues with the videos? I had a lot of technical difficulties when doing mine. I reached out to the recruiters to let them know but haven't heard back from them...I am really looking forward to an opportunity with BSWH and it makes me nervous that something could have gotten messed up.

I had issues! My video froze in the middle of one of my questions so I had to continue blindly, made me very nervous.

NurseNA, BSN, RN

Specializes in ICU.

Hi, I have a phone interview tmrw morning. Anyone know what that’s about? I know someone said they ask about GPA, but anyone know more about it! It’s making me nervous haha

19 minutes ago, NurseNA said:

Hi, I have a phone interview tmrw morning. Anyone know what that’s about? I know someone said they ask about GPA, but anyone know more about it! It’s making me nervous haha

When did you get an email to schedule your phone interview? They ask you GPA and confirm your preferences and locations. That’s really it

NurseNA, BSN, RN

Specializes in ICU.

24 minutes ago, Shelana27 said:

When did you get an email to schedule your phone interview? They ask you GPA and confirm your preferences and locations. That’s really it

I got an email about over an hour ago! & thanks for the insight 🙂