How long did it take you to finish your program with WGU?Register Today!
- by live&love&heal Sep 11, '12For those who graduated from WGU, was wondering how long did it take you to finish your program? Which program did you complete?
- 3,499 Views
- Sep 13, '12 by kloneI will be done with the RN-BSN program at the end of December. That will be 18 months, total to complete it. I am in the minority, and I could have easily finished it in under a year, but I didn't have the motivation and focus to do so. I did the minimum number of credits each term, and not a credit more!
- Sep 13, '12 by HHLindaI'll finish this December. Started in January. Could finish sooner but I have a heavy work schedule.
- Sep 23, '12 by cayenne06I finished my BSN in about 6 weeks, but that was because I was working nights at a job with a ridiculous amount of down time (private duty- never again!!!!). I am starting my MSN in a few weeks but will be working a FT day job so I imagine it will take me 6-12 months. I applied to a post grad program for next September so it better take me less than a year or I am screwed!!!!!
- Oct 31, '12 by calistudent818Great thread I was wondering how long on average it too people too. Glad to know that I couldI'm also curious to know how you all liked the program overall and the most important thing, did hospitals and other facilities accept/honor your WGU credentials.
Also, are any of your doing masters or further education at other institutions outside of WGU? Did you have any issues with WGU credits transfering to that institution?
- Nov 2, '12 by LindseyRN86Quote from SweettartRNI am curious I also want to do my MSN when I am done with my BSN through them. What did they lie about?BSN took three months exactly.
MSN will have taken 8 months and only because I threw a major temper tantrum over being lied to about curriculum that set me back.
- Dec 10, '12 by WanderingSagehenCensored... if I can't say something nice...