Finished my MSN this morning - ask me anything! - Page 5Register Today!
- Nov 4, '12 by stepnurse01What are your specific experiences with your Capstone project? Any advise or suggestions for potential MSN students?Any info would be helpful.
- Nov 5, '12 by stepnurse01What type of projects/papers are required in the MSN program at WGU?
- Nov 5, '12 by calistudent818Congrats! That is so exciting and encouraging to hear. WGU is at the top of my list to apply for the BSN Prelicensure program. I am also considering WGU for masters in a couple of years :?
- Nov 12, '12 by goodstudentnowRNMy Capstone project is based on my work setting. It is much easier to do a project based on experience. I am doing a qualitative study. It is doable. It didn't take me too long to reach this far. I started October 1, 2011 with only a ADN degree. I got my BSN through WGU while pursuing my MSN. I am almost done. Thank God!
- Nov 14, '12 by penname40To maryCarny,
You are an inspiration. I have been an ADN nurse for 20+ years & have had some resentment toward the idea of pretty much "having to" return to school to maintain job security. I am working in a teaching hospital & wish they would offer a significant discount to their employees furthering their education, but since that is not the case- I have been shopping for the right program for me. I think I have settled on WGU. I appreciate the information you have shared here, as well as your enthusiasm.
- Nov 16, '12 by minakayI have been reading all your postings and I am glad that I am already scheduled to start my MSN (Education) in January 2013. From what I hear, WGU is ok. Is anyone starting the MSN (Education) in January 2013? I would love to have a study pal. Please let me know.
- Nov 26, '12 by thecoolnurseHi minakay.. My target start date is also January 2013 for MSN Education. I got my BSN from WGU also. So maybe we'll be classmates We should start a thread for this
- Dec 12, '12 by Mom2SNSHI start RN to MSN-Ed 1/1/13 also! Can't wait!
- Dec 12, '12 by KbmRNWhat does the oral defense entail, and is it required for the BSN also? Thank you in advance.
- Dec 12, '12 by kloneNo, an oral defense is not required for the BSN