Strategic Healthcare Staffing? - page 2
by mskate | 7,296 Views | 24 Comments
Just wondering if anyone has heard of this company? Good things? Bad things?... Read More
- 0Dec 6, '11 by TrickseyBeth216I'm not too sure what you're taking about. I googled the company found this thread and wrote what I thought. I don't know what your talking about with revising a thread I just responded to the first post. But your opinions are your own. is there a better agency you'd suggest? My second assignment was with strategic my first was with AMN.
- 0Jul 5, '12 by Love1anotherI have had a bad experience with Strategic. I felt the recruiter was misleading and trying to low ball me a job offer. Their website claims to reimburse for travel, license and give free housing or a generous offer. None of that was offered to me and when I asked about housing, the recruiter told me it would lower my weekly pay. I had to ask TWICE to be reimbursed for travel expenses, since the place i would be going to was over 1000 miles away. I have about 5 other things that happened with them. I will NEVER use them. Needless to say, you shouldnt have to keep asking or beg just to get a fair offer. There are too many other companies that are honest and want the best for their nurses.
I am working with two other companies with great recruiters.
- 0Jul 5, '12 by TrickseyBeth216I think the recruiter is everything. I had to switch recruiters because I didn't think the first one knew what she was talking about but my second and current recruiter is awesome. I took a break from travel after my last post but just started lookin around again & am talking to my recruiter at Strategic and two other companies - but I'm probably going to go with Strategic again. Emerald seems pretty legit too but is taking too long for interviews. Who was your recruiter if you don't mind me asking?
- 0Feb 22, '13 by AdriRNI'm working with this agency currently and have not had a problem with them. I can call my recruiter at anytime with any problems I have and he pretty much gets answers to my questions as soon as possible. My pay has always been on time and I've been reimbursed in a timely manner.
- 0Feb 25, '13 by RNJudy2I agree with 79Tango. Seems like an employee of Strategic is posting here. I used to work for them. The company was founded by *** ******* in 2004 or 2005. He sold the company in 2010. I stopped working for them and my 2 referrals stopped too. It's too bad *** sold it, he was a great guy. I heard *** is back in the business, anyone know him or if he is back in? I would work for him in a heart beat! As for Strategic - stay clear- not a good company anymore.Last edit by Esme12 on Feb 25, '13 : Reason: TOS no names
- 0Feb 25, '13 by NedRNThe founder had his issues too, of that I can speak from personal experience. Other than your issues with the current president (of which you say in another thread you just found out through the media), perhaps you could state just what the problems were that you had. Since we don't know you, why should we just believe that this or any other agency is not a good company? You just joined, have only two posts, and both knocking Strategic.
Ideally, if you want to say something good or bad about an agency, you should be objective. You wouldn't put "bad patient" in the chart without some objective context to back that up would you?Last edit by Esme12 on Feb 25, '13 : Reason: TOS no names
- 0Jun 30, '13 by kylahharnaudI'm a couple weeks into my first assignment with Strategic. It's my first travel job so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but my recruiter has been AMAZING. She seems really interested in my personal needs and making sure things are working out for me and my family. The logistics were a little confusing, as I didn't have direct communication with the HR person. My recruiter forwarded things back and forth and it seemed like HR couldn't get it all together - multiple requests for additional documentation rather than a complete list up front, confusion about the pay process, etc. I did misunderstand the breakdown of the pay package, but I don't know if this was due to my lack of travel experience or because they (HR rep) were intentionally misleading. My recruiter came up with several opportunities but was very honest about the good and bad things. For example she offered me an assignment in North Dakota but said that the pay package was too low for me, the cost of living was high, and it was too far from my family. She helped find a position that pays great and is less than 3 hours away from home.
Not sure how this compares to other travel agencies out there, but I think the recruiter makes a huge difference, and mine is always going the extra mile to be available nights and weekends. So far so good!
- 0Jan 30 by necapennjoin this just to leave a comment on Strategic. they have been a blessing to work for. my recruiter is amazing. it i have a problem she is right there to help, questions and she is there to answer them. if she doesn't know she finds the answer. i have worked with strategic off and on for 2 years. as long as they have assignments i will travel with them.