Tarrant County Spring 2012 Applicants
- 2Jun 2, '11 by Student213I am starting this for anyone who is applying for the TCC RN program in August.
- 0Jun 6, '11 by txhusker-SNHmm... So is that supposed to trim down the applicant list per application period?
If they are going to make us take all of the g.e. classes, only to count our science GPA's, then they should at least take the GPA of the g.e. classes in to consideration also. I have also heard they have upped the # of students they are taking in; to about 120-130, since they are moving to the Trinity River campus & they have been awarded extra funding, but who knows?
Anyway, any word on what sections will be covered on the HESI? Ive been preparing for it for a while now, but I want to make sure Im studying the correct things.
But I CAN'T WAIT!
- 0Jun 6, '11 by Student213I agree, I think they should take into consideration the overall GPA if we worked so hard at them. This is the first semester that they are doing it this way. I worked my butt off the keep a perfect GPA. Oh well. I heard they took 110 for the fall semester. My cousin is one of them. Not sure about the HESI but I heard that they are using it to focus more on the science. I haven't started studying for it yet, but I would love to know. Right now I am studying for the TEAS V because I am applying at Weatherford as a back up and their application period ends in July and TCC's doesnt start until August.
- 0Jun 6, '11 by txhusker-SNSo true. It is a bit discouraging after working so hard. Makes me kind of bummed, I know this thread is going to be full of "I have a 4.0 science GPA ..." as the application period nears, I have a 3.75 so its going to make me feel kind of crappy. haha... But I heard they are making a lot of changes as far as pre-req's and things like that. But good luck on your TEA's ! I hear WC accepts fewer students that TCC does!
- 0Jun 6, '11 by Student213Your GPA sounds really good. As long as you dont mess up the HESI (like really bad) you should stand an excellent chance of getting in. Check out the thread for the people of applied during the fall. Your GPA seems higher than or equal to alot of theirs and they almost all got in.
Weatherford does accept fewer students, but they are way easier to get in. I am really hoping for TCC and I am sure I stand a decent chance of getting in, but just in case, lol.
- 0Jun 7, '11 by formackWeatherford only acceps 40 for their fall and 20 on the wait list. I don't know about it being easier to get in. I am on the wait list for fall at WC and I was accepted at Tarleton State's fall program. WC tells you how your points break down, which is nice. TCC is pretty tough though.