HCC Houston Spring 2014 ApplicantsRegister Today!
- by jb2016 Jun 12I know it's a little early but I submitted my application today for the Spring 2014 ADN program at Houston Community College! Who else is applying for the Spring 2014 start?
- Jun 12 by shunnykI attended the information session and was going to apply; found out that they no longer take the HESI. Gave it a try with the TEAS. Completely bombed it. For some reason I feel that the math on that one test is a dream killer for me.
Anyway, I just wanted to say good luck and I hope that you are accepted.
- Jun 14 by trinatrtHey, Im applying... I take the teas on 6/21 and then ill turn in my app
- Jun 14 by Medic2RNMoved to the Texas State Nursing Programs forum.
- Jun 17 by jb2016ShunnyK.....I have only taken the Teas so I can't compare to the HESI though I have heard that the Teas is harder. I actually did better on the math than all of the other sections which shocked me! I recommend getting the ATI study guide which was very helpful. I wish you luck! Trinatrt...Good Luck on your Teas exam! You've got it!
- Jun 18 by dreksterrrWhat was covered on the teas for the science portion? Was it just anatomy or chemistry, bio, etc?
- Jun 18 by shunnyk@jb2016 Thank you for the advice. I have taken the Hesi before. I had to for my entrance to the lvn program I completed last year. Yes, the Teas is harder. The Teas covered everything: algebra, physics, chemistry, English, and A & P. I had a brain freeze during the test. The computers froze up during the test and we had to shut down and then wait 15 minutes. The timer is right there in your face. It was just a bad day for me.
- Jun 18 by smartypants22shunnyk, sounds like you were in the same testing room I was in because the same thing happened during my test. I am applying for the fall 2013 semester so I am anxiously waiting to hear from the department. I really hope I get in because I barely got the required score for the reading part of the TEAS.
- Jun 18 by jb2016@dreksterr....I thought the TEAS covered all bases. There were chem, general bio, and A&P questions. Honestly I went in thinking I would ace the Reading and Language arts sections and struggle through the math and science and instead did the total opposite. I do highly recommend the ATI book because the real exams are very similar to the practice exams in the book.
- Jun 18 by jb2016Shunnyk....I am going to take the HESI sometime in August to apply for Lone Star Kingwood Spring start. Do you know of or recommend any study guides for the HESI?