75 questions today on NCLEX

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

Today I took the NCLEX RN. I got 75 questions and I am freaking out because it seems like I mostly got easy questions. I studied using Uworld mostly, and I hope it worked for me.

Good luck! Keep us posted! I just started using Uworld so hopefully it helps out!

Good luck! Keeping fingers crossed that you get your good news shortly :)

I also took mine today and shut off at 75. I, too, used Uworld. I really need to find a way to distract myself for the next day and a half!

Keep us posted! :)

Thank you! I will post as soon as I find out.

The waiting is awful! :unsure:

I took mine yesterday and I shut off at 75 and I thought it was awful. So who knows. Is it common for people to fail at 75 questions? I did UWorld and Kaplan as well

I took mine yesterday and I shut off at 75 and I thought it was awful. So who knows. Is it common for people to fail at 75 questions? I did UWorld and Kaplan as well

From what I have been told, but this is not gospel, it is not common to fail with 75 questions but it is possible. Most likely if you get 75 then you passed but there is a small chance that you failed.

From what I have been told, but this is not gospel, it is not common to fail with 75 questions but it is possible. Most likely if you get 75 then you passed but there is a small chance that you failed.

There are no statistics available regarding the number of questions received and passing rate for the number of questions. It would be better to think of it like this, around 85% of first-time test-takers pass the NCLEX. Therefore you are more likely than not to pass it the first time. If you were a marginal student in school, barely got by, you would not be surprised to find you fail at the minimum number of questions. However, if you were a good student, did well in general on tests, did well on assignments overall, you would expect it would be more likely that you would pass with a minimum number of questions. Which do you think is more likely, that you did so badly that the test gave up in the minimum number of questions or that you nailed it and proved competency quickly?

There are no statistics available regarding the number of questions received and passing rate for the number of questions. It would be better to think of it like this, around 85% of first-time test-takers pass the NCLEX. Therefore you are more likely than not to pass it the first time. If you were a marginal student in school, barely got by, you would not be surprised to find you fail at the minimum number of questions. However, if you were a good student, did well in general on tests, did well on assignments overall, you would expect it would be more likely that you would pass with a minimum number of questions. Which do you think is more likely, that you did so badly that the test gave up in the minimum number of questions or that you nailed it and proved competency quickly?

I just don't feel great about the test. It was very difficult to gauge. Everyone says that I'll be fine. For what its worth I did get the good PVT pop-up, but I don't find that reassuring. For whats it's worth I had decent Kaplan scores and really good UWorld scores. As I suspected though, the 75 questions I got were completely random and just happened to feel like the subject matter was not my strongest area.

I PASSED!!! Uworld worked for me!

I just don't feel great about the test. It was very difficult to gauge. Everyone says that I'll be fine. For what its worth I did get the good PVT pop-up, but I don't find that reassuring. For whats it's worth I had decent Kaplan scores and really good UWorld scores. As I suspected though, the 75 questions I got were completely random and just happened to feel like the subject matter was not my strongest area.

If it helps any, it's a pretty strange person who feels good after taking that test! I find that most people walk out of there a little shell-shocked, not sure what to make of it. So it sounds like you're in good company :-)

I PASSED!!! Uworld worked for me!

Congrats! :-)

+ Add a Comment