Amarillo

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Has anyone worked at either of the hospitals in Amarillo? I am moving there after I finish school but I am unable to find much on there graduate nurse programs or nursing in general.

Specializes in Critical Care, Education.

Um - there are more than 2 hospitals in Amarillo. Which two are you referring to?

Um - there are more than 2 hospitals in Amarillo. Which two are you referring to?

Lol, while technically correct that there are more than 2 hospitals in Amarillo...in reality two dominate the market, BSA and Northwest.

OP, I have not worked for the hospitals but I have worked in and with both of the hospitals extensively, and the VA there as well.

BSA and Northwest will share a great deal of staff, it is not uncommon to find staff that have worked at both places sometime in their career. BSA has the reputation of being a fancier "higher class" hospital while Northwest is more of a down and dirty blood and guts kind of place. I personally do not think there is that much difference in reality but that is the reputation.

BSA has been very active in the past few years with trying to improve their quality of care. I have not seen their business plan but it appears as though they are striving to become a premium destination center for care which is nice. There is a relatively strong sense of competition between the hospitals so be careful on what you say in interviews.

VA, like most VAs, has issues...you have to have a passion for veterans and the VA to survive there.

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.

Moved to First Job Hunt Assistance forum

+ Add a Comment